Clash in the waiting room

Deku wasn't sure how it had all gone so wrong. Jouno had managed to stop the assassin. Great! The girls had managed to help somebody join the detective agency. Great! Todoroki was going to be okay, and they were about to be allowed to go in and see him and Bakugo soon. Great! But the trouble had started when Endeavour had opened his mouth. He and Fukuchi had been in a sort of passive aggressive staring match for a while, but Endeavour decided to finally just break the silence, and say what was on his mind.

"What are you still doing here?" Endeavour asked. "Now that his parents are here, Jouno doesn't need you guys anymore." That one hadn't gone over very well. Jouno himself was off at the vending machine with his boyfriend Tetchou, using that as a way to get a break from the awkwardness in the waiting room. However, the two remaining members of the hunting dogs immediately took issue with Endeavour's statement.

"Hera is a member of my team." Fukuchi said coldly. "That's who he is, and that's where he stays." Teruko's hand was on the handle of her sword. "He's our family, not yours. And from what I've heard, you didn't treat your family very well." Fuyumi spoke up quietly. "Dad's not like that anymore." She said, but was immediately silenced by a glare from Teruko. "How you get along with your father isn't my business. Jouno is my teammate, so he's my business. You gave him up as a baby, Mr. Endeavour. You don't get to come back here after sixteen years and just become his parent again. You forfeited that right long ago."

Endeavour rose to his feet, his fists clenched. His wife rose too, a look of quiet fury sparking in her eyes as well. Deku looked at Uraraka. Uraraka looked at Tsuyu. Tsuyu looked at Mina. Mina looked at Deku. They could all tell this was going to be bad. Fuyumi stealthily grabbed Natsu, and made her way towards the exit. "We're going to head to the vending machine." She said quickly. Apparently, many people were going to the vending machine. Deku felt the urge to join them, but knew he was probably needed more here. Someone had to prevent a full blown fight breaking out in the waiting room, after all.

"He's my son." Endeavour said, starting to summon his fire. "There's no court of law in the world that will oppose me taking him back with me." Fukuchi stood up, his hand going for his sword. "Well then." Fukuchi said, drawing his sword from his sheath. "I guess we'll just have to settle this outside a court of law."

Before the two could clash, Deku quickly got up and stood between Endeavour and Fukuchi. "Let's calm down now, everybody." He said. "It's clear that Jouno's found a real home with the hunting dogs." He said to Fukuchi. "But Jouno is also Endeavour and Rei's biological son." Both parties stared at Deku. "And?" Endeavour asked. Deku realized that he didn't have anything else left to say, and a cold sweat started in his palms. He'd just planned on trying to placate both parties.

"So, maybe you guys let Jouno decide what he wants to do?" Uraraka said, quickly getting up. Deku noticed that Tsuyu and Mina seemed to have also cleared out once the fighting started. How helpful of them. "And also be chill about what he chooses. Fighting isn't ever the answer." Teruko stood up, and Deku didn't like the look in her eyes. "When you care about someone, you fight for them." She said. "Jouno is like a son to me and the commander."

Fukuchi put his head in his hands. "Can you please not phrase it like that?" He asked. Teruko frowned. "I'm not sure what you mean." She said. "I mean that we've been over this multiple times. One: I'm gay. Two: I'm married. Three: you look like you're about twelve. Give it up." Teruko turned her glare to Fukuchi. He took a step back. "Like I was saying, I love Jouno like a son. So does the commander. Is that better?" She asked, giving Fukuchi a pointed look. He nodded, and both of them turned their glares back to Endeavour and Rei. This was going nowhere good.

"Jouno is my son." Rei said, her ice forming around her closed fists. "I don't care who you people are, or how long you've looked after him for, but he's my baby boy. The child that was ripped out of my arms. You can't take him away from me again." Teruko aged up, looking like she was a teenager, and growing about five feet while she was at it, towering over everyone else in the waiting room. "I suppose there's only one way we settle this thing. I'll alert the hospital staff to prepare to treat the two of you." Endeavour's hands sparked to flame. "Likewise."