01

XENIA AMELIA KNOWLES
~Houston, Texas

|Pull yourself together I didn't raise you like that. |

You cannot create A monster and thenCondemn it

Condemn it. Hate Its ugly features and its terrible gait.
When I look into The mirror I do not see myself But all of you Who made me.
I am the monster they created

Entering the dimly lit hospital room the voices of the doctor and nurse halted their work, "Ms...Ms. Knowles we weren't expecting....expecting you?" the doctor straightened out his coat as the nurse with him backed herself into the corner fear filling her eyes.

Hearing the door shut softly behind me they both tensed up. "She....she's suffered several fractures, a concussion she unable to breathe on her own," releasing a shaky breath before continuing. "She's also lost her pregnancy." looking away from her beaten body.

"Out," I instructed both, looking at them continue to stand on the other side of the bed, opening my mouth but letting no words or sound come out they both ran out not wanting to test me.

Shutting my mouth, and looking back down at Tanya, that voice that'd been following me all my life began taunting me.

Look at what your incompetence has caused and what not listening to me has done.

Shutting it out only made it worse something I'd learned over the years, "He did this to her, out of spite." Jamari spoke from his spot on the wall. Desmond was once trusted someone I'd allowed mercy when he wasn't deserving.

His lying to me and stealing from me his downward spiral gave way to mercy, had it been anyone else in this organization it would've been an immediate bullet to the head, or much worse.

"You'll have to explain this to your moms," he continued being his usual self since entering my life whether I liked it or not Jamari was going to remind me of the consequences good and bad.

My mom would understand this that I knew and if she didn't she'd have to get over it.

Leaving the hospital my mind began warping as that voice now turned into two growing louder and louder. My job was to protect everyone who worked for me, especially the girls, Tanya was only nineteen she'd come to me for protection her pimp was a fucking pig.

I'd been in this lifestyle so long I'd seen it all sex is a business don't let anyone tell you any different. "Imani says the girls haven't seen him out on the strip but my guys tell me he's been using heavily turned to Dario for his fix seeing as you've cut him off." Bryson my guard dog spoke up from his seat across from me.

Glancing out the window at the passing buildings, Desmond was once a force to behold but he'd failed to keep his demons in line, even with my guidance he still let himself fall. "He stole from you, lied to you, and got some of my girls killed in the crossfire but you want to know why after all that I let him go ?" raising an eyebrow looking to him for his answer.