05

XENIA  AMILEA KNOWLES 
~HOUSTON TEXAS

|It's all just a game|

The morning sun filtered through the blinds, casting long shadows across the plush carpet of my private suite

The morning sun filtered through the blinds, casting long shadows across the plush carpet of my private suite. I groaned, rolling over and shielding my eyes from the harsh light. My head pounded, a dull ache throbbing in my temples.

I was exhausted, both physically and mentally. The events of the previous night had taken a toll on me. Yet, there was a strange sense of satisfaction mixed with exhaustion. I had survived, and so had my empire.

As I sat in bed, the sun kissed my skin, offering warmth and comfort. Jalen was alive, much to my dismay. My parents wanted to keep him alive, some deal they had made with Angelo Morgan in return for their support.

I was torn. On one hand, I wanted to see Jalen suffer for what he had done embarrassing not only me but my family. On the other, I couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy for him. He was a broken boy, a victim of his circumstances.

A boy vying to be his father's favorite when all he was doing was making it impossible for his family to get ahead.

Last night in my office my father disclosed the family's current situation. Sliding out of my kingsized bed and slipping on my robe I slowly moved towards my balcony doors that overlooked the back of the property.

Groundskeepers tended to the lawn removing trash from last night's festivities as some of my Bees assisted as well. Opening both doors stepping out my eyes roamed the vastness of my domain.

Outside of the main building, there were cottages scattered around the over eighteen archers, a huge outdoor pool, and a beautiful garden. Further down I had my private barn and greenhouse.

I'd built my slice of Heaven here and had many other properties across the country. Hearing the door to my room open I turned seeing Jamari stepped in with Promise coming behind him pushing my breakfast cart. "Morning you two." taking a seat as they both stepped out onto my balcony.

"Morning Queen, the chef sent up your breakfast." Promise smiled quickly moving to set it up for me.

Jamari moved taking the sat across from me, "Last night was something," opening Ipad I knew he was going over the numbers from last night. My Bees and Drones did exactly what they'd been taught to do.

Keep my customers happy and distracted from the chaos that takes place behind the scenes. "Yes it was now, how are our guests this morning?" getting down to what was important as Promise placed my breakfast in front of me.

Sliced fruit with French toast, bacon, and a side of hashbrowns. The Morgan children were left here with me while their parents went back to the hotel. "Jalen is alive Zu patched him up pretty good I guess that schooling of hers is paying off, Mircale spent the night trying to get to him but eventually Ghost intervened making her go to bed.