03

MAURICE XAVIER MORGAN
~NEW YORK CITY

|They don't respect you nor do they fear you make them |

"Fuck is happening Angelo you on edge mama been in there drinking all night you got these nigga's standing around on guard talk to me

"Fuck is happening Angelo you on edge mama been in there drinking all night you got these nigga's standing around on guard talk to me." putting my cigarette out his ash-trey

Glaring straight ahead a glass of Hennessy clutched tightly in his hands.

Outside his home office two men I'd never seen before stood guard Jalen was locked up in the basement leaving me and Mir to figure this shit out. "Daddy please say something I know Jalen's messed up before but it's never got you or ma like this."

Looking between the two of us a sigh of surrender left his mouth. The TV behind him showed Jalen seated in the basement the unknown guards that'd appeared last night stood guarding over him.

None of them would let us out of the house momma had passed out not too long ago once Miracle put her to bed we'd come into the office for some type of privacy.

"Who the fuck are these people around here?" I demanded, my voice rising. "Got us locked up like we're in prison?"

Angelo's gaze flickered towards me, a hint of amusement in his eyes. "Trust me, you want to be in this prison than outside those doors, son." rolling my eyes annoyed at his cryptic response.

"Jesus," standing up from his chair he moved closer to the TV looking at his son through the screen. " For someone who's elevated fucking up into an art form this might well be Jalen's Mona Lisa." chuckling to himself my eyes darted towards Miracles whose face held confusion.

Miracle knew her brother better than I did, I couldn't stand his ass from the moment I met him especially seeing as it was my job to keep him from fucking up, but with Angelo leaving me to the woods that left the brainless wonder to his own devices.

"Eight million dollars worth of product stolen from the Knowles Family." he continued.

Eight million dollars? Jalen had outdone himself this time. Jalen was an idiot who spent the majority of his life with a silver spoon up his ass. He wanted to play thug and it always ended up with me or Angelo had to clean his mess up.

Countless lives and dollars were lost because of his dumb ass no one was stupid enough to get involved with him so who in the hell got him access to that kind of weight. "How the fuck you let this happen-"

"I ain't let shit happen, boy," he hissed in my direction.

They don't respect you nor do they fear you make them.

Shaking that voice out of my head I had no desire to keep this dance going as far as I was concerned this shit had nothing to do with me whatever mess they'd gotten themselves into they were on their own.