six.

xxx.

chapter six.
six.

xxx.

             Later that day, Nick and Nell had met up for the rare occasion of walking to class together. They didn't have the same class, but they did happen to be across the hall from one another. As they walked across the courtyard, Nell watched her brother with a careful eye; he might have told her a sorry excuse for why he slept in her room the night before, but she wasn't that dumb. Though she wouldn't say much about it unless he wanted to talk about it.

              " Nick, is everything alright? You've been quiet. " She mentioned, fiddling with the strap of her bag as she looked up at her brother.

              " I'm always quiet, Nelly. " He replied, and the shorter girl pursed her lips.

               " Yeah. " She wanted to say 'yeah, but-'; she told herself she wouldn't push him though. Nick didn't mind the quiet, while it just made Nell feel like she was doing something wrong. She continued fidgeting as they walked, glancing away from Nick to find something else she could go on about so it wasn't silent. It didn't take long, because she saw Jade across the yard, coming from the dean's office, a rather annoyed expression on her face, even from this far away, " Hey, look, that's Jade, isn't it? "

" Mm. " Nick hummed in agreement, and the siblings watched as Farleigh joined the brunette rather quickly as if he'd been waiting on her. She still looked none too happy about whatever they were discussing, but Nell either seemed not to notice or care as she grabbed onto Nick's elbow and dragged him over to them without another word.

                " Well, well, look who it is. " Farleigh called as the twins approached he and Jade. The curly haired boy folded his arms over his chest and wore an amused expression as he glanced over Nick, " I can't believe I'm seeing you where the sun's still shining. Finally decide to come out of your cave? "

" Farleigh. " Nell said warningly, though Nick barely even gave him a dry look in response, unbothered. Beside Farleigh, Jade still seemed aggravated, and even spaced out, like her mind was elsewhere while they spoke. Still, the other young woman asked, " What are you guys up to? "

               " Felix wanted to go to the pub later after class, something about it just being us. " Farleigh answered, gesturing his finger around to denote that all four of them were included in that 'us'. He looked upon Nick's dry expression and held his hand up, " Before you say anything, I'll do it for you— yes, going to the pub, again. "

             " You're borderline alcoholics. " Nick deadpanned.

             " And you need to get laid, my friend. I'm over your constant cynical attitude. " Farleigh remarked, making Nell shake her head in disapproval. That made Farleigh let out a sigh before he continued, " Felix and Oliver apparently got into an argument, or whatever, so he made it a point to say just us. I assume that means he wants you there. "

            " I'm sure he does. " Nick agreed plainly, not really in the mood to hang out, especially not when he and Felix had also had a minor disagreement. His interest was piqued though, " What did he and Oliver argue about? "

           " I don't know, he just seemed annoyed and didn't give many details. " Farleigh replied, shrugging, though he watched Nick's conflict across his usually emotionless face with interest. Gesturing his hand around, he instigated, " Maybe you should ask him yourself. "