02 | Natalia

WE
MEET
AGAIN
II

If you told me 3 hours ago this is what I'd be doing, I'd laugh right in your face.

Now this is exhilarating.

For once I finally found the will in me to accept the invitation to go out with my friends, but I didn't think it was going to be this fucking fun.

My mind is blank, my body is numb, and my thoughts are slipping through my lips like it's water.

I can't shut the fuck up.

Everytime I'm intoxicated it's like my entire body is succumbing to the alcohol. There's been many times where Patron has made me his personal bitch, like the multiple nights where he placed me in my tight dorm bathroom as I'm violently spewing my organs out.

It's humbled me then, and it's going to humble me now.

I'm currently in the heart of the dance floor, the music blaring so loudly I can barely think. I'm behind Scarlett, guiding her hips as she's grinding to the beat of the song.

The guys beside us cheer so loudly, Scarlett beams. They're holding a beer in their hand as they encourage the little minx in front of me to keep going.

It's clear that most of the focus is on us, or rather, on her, but Scarlett thrives in the spotlight and I don't really seem to be bothered by it.

For the majority of my time on the dance floor, I've been behind her making sure her dress won't ride too far up when she's too busy dancing to realize.

She's wearing a little red dress, the same shade that matches her crimson-red lips and I'm taking in all the glory I can possibly get.

I've also realized Matteo has been missing for a good 30 minutes and something tells me he's pretty occupied.

Lucky girl.

I can't deny the amount of fun I'm having, but I'd also be lying to myself if I said that I don't feel guilty for ditching my tasks at home — though I guess it's natural habit for a workaholic to be feeling like that.

And just like that the tension in my body is back.

I internally groan.

Way to ruin my own moment.

That buzz I was feeling earlier is slowly dissipating and I take it that's my body's way of telling me I need another shot.

"Hey, do you want to come to the bar with me?" I ask over the deafening music, slightly dropping my mouth down to her ear.

Scarlett is made up of all legs and length compared to my 5'5 stature. Luckily, my 6 inch heels give me an advantage, allowing me to tower over her.

She turns her body to where she's facing me, holding on to my arms gently. A bright, beautiful smile is displayed on her face and I can't help but smile back. "Go ahead! I'll stay here."

"You sure? I don't want to leave you here by yourself."

"I'll be okay, you know I'm tougher than everyone thinks." She winks at me, "Plus, I have a feeling Matteo will catch me here in a second."

I laugh at Scarlett, unhooking myself from her grasp as I try to maneuver my way through the swarm of sweaty bodies.

The dance floor is so fucking packed I'm suprised the floor hasn't caved in yet.

As I'm trying to make my way out, a hand suddenly reaches out to grab me.

I'm quick on my feet until I'm spun around to see those familiar brown eyes and immediately my body is put to ease.