Alex Origins

Based off "Where was my hero" Fan dub.

Main Characters:

Alex is an eight-year-old anthropomorphic male moth with big round white eyes, tan skin, and yellow fur. He has black antennas and black hair, as well as black wings that he keeps folded on his back. Despite having wings, Alex cannot fly. He wears a gray sweatshirt and a dark blue hoodie, snow boots to protect his feet from the cold ground, and red long pants to keep his legs warm. Alex has a passion for fire; he often lights matches and stares at them in wonder, even letting them burn down all the way to his fingertips. However, this behavior also causes him bullying from other villagers.

Alex's only friend is Torchie, a burnt-out torch he found in the forest one day. Torchie brings him comfort during times when he feels alone or isolated. Alex's parents left him when he was young; this abandonment has left him feeling vulnerable and unwanted by others his age. He struggles with feelings of anger and sadness when he is mistreated by his peers or feels excluded from social events or activities due to his appearance or disability (inability to fly).

Torchie is a burnt-out torch who serves as Alex's only friend and constant companion in a world that has shown him little kindness. Despite his broken and damaged appearance, Torchie provides comfort and support to Alex during times of loneliness and isolation. Alex found Torchie in the forest one day, and since then, the torch has become an integral part of his life.

Overall, Alex's personality is a mixture of vulnerability, loneliness, compassion, anger, and a desire for acceptance and belonging. 

Torchie's exterior is charred and blackened, with several cracks and breaks along his body that have been temporarily mended with tape. Despite his worn appearance, Torchie emits a warm and steady flame that serves as a source of light and warmth for Alex in the darkness. The flame flickers and dances in response to Alex's emotions, mirroring his feelings of sadness, anger, and determination.

Although Torchie cannot speak or express emotions in a conventional way, he symbolizes resilience and strength in the face of adversity. He stands as a silent witness to Alex's struggles and triumphs, serving as a reminder of the bond they share and the power of friendship. Torchie's presence in Alex's life represents hope, companionship, and unwavering loyalty in a world that has often been unkind to them both.

The scene opens up to a forest with a Mobian cat holding Alex back with a smug grin as a Mobian Hippo and Mobian Dog mess with Torchie.

Alex struggles against the cat's grip, yelling, "Let go of me, Slick! Leave Torchie alone!"

The Mobian Hippo and Dog laugh as they continue to taunt Torchie, flicking ashes at the burnt-out torch.

"You're just a weak little moth," Slick sneers. "What are you going to do, cry to your mommy? Oh, that's right your parents left you."

The hippo grabs Torchie from the Dogs grip and walks over to a tree stump and raises it over his head.

"NO! NO DON-

He slams Torchie down on the tree stump breaking them in half. Alex is then pushed to the ground, landing on his face as the bullies run off back to the village snickering.

Alex groans and pushes himself up from the ground, feeling a mix of anger and sadness.  He looks up to see Torchie's broken pieces lying on the ground and feels a surge of anger and sadness.

"Why do they have to be so cruel? Why can't they just leave us alone?" Alex mutters to himself.

He tries to walk but stumbles to the ground clutching his knee.

"OW!" He looks down at his knee, its bruised but manageable.

He picks up what he can salvage from the destroyed Torchie and begins limping back to the village.