2. world of bleeding truth

chapter 2. world of bleeding truth 

behind all beautiful smile, there is an ego so sinister, why does all poison take good?

▲ mansion of sealed promise, 2006, unknown time

another dim light entered my vision. pain trembled my head for no reason, clouding my ability to think or reason straight. looking around revealed a spacious living room with individual chairs arranged in a circular formation, and myself was sitting in the dead middle, surrounded by total of nine vacant chair. 

the table in front of me had a half-finished coffee in a ceramic cup, with some dusts of brown sugar ruining the snow-white tablecloth. beside it was a plate of honey puffs, or in otherwise, my favorite die to snacks. 

near the corner of the room stood a sculpture of high architecture, standing as tall as an average adult and looking as grand with the yellow bricks and touch of actual silver and gold polished on the body. the man held an imbalance scale upside down in his hand with a piece of sharp dagger in one side of it, and the metal plate near his heels read "Horkus, god of order and punishment".  i did not need any more signs, i am currently in the mansion of sealed promise. 

"what are you looking, thao?" a stream of silence was broken by the calm greeting. i lifted my head towards the sound source, there stands a familiar figure. 

lee nagyung, the tower. one of nine princesses of the mansion

she smiled and casually sat in her chair which was marked with curving resembling the 13th major arcana tarot card, or the tower - that also happened to me right in front of where i am facing. 

"i miss you", her voice resembled a calm ocean. "why are you here?"

i stared at her for longer than I supposed to. she looked as beautiful as the last time i remembered. "just revisiting some memories" I replied and added "how are the girls?"

a change in her facial expression was obvious, but she managed to conceal it with a quick smile. 
"they are doing good. but not as same as before" she answered as her voice softened towards the end. 

"by the way, i have something to show you" she lent me her hand casually as she stood up. it was sudden yet i took hers and followed her lead. she stopped near the statue of Horkus and pointed at the painting hung near it, unusually so low at the wall. 

"Jiheon and me were painting this to give this to you before you left. but we never got to finish it. and when we did, you never came back."

her sentence stopped in a blunt tone. i glanced at the painting, it was the brilliant word of artistic technique and color composition, giving a scarily realistic feeling. it described nine different girls standing in the circle, with a portrait of me in the middle, holding a scale upside down and a dagger on the other hand, almost as if I was Horkus. 

 "Horkus, punished the wrong doing people with the flash of his daggers. but what happened when Horkus was the wrongdoer?"

above sentence was transcribed in small words at the very corner of the painting. for some ethereal reason, reading it brings an uneasy feeling towards me. 

"but we changed it a bit, especially the red paints" nagyung whispered from the behind.

i looked at the art again, indeed as she mentioned, there were a several red retouches over the original completion, the paint was splattered across like blood and was present on some of the girls, as well as the dagger that my replication was holding. 

"i hope that was entertaining" nagyung pulled herself closer into and bit my lips, this formed into a quick kiss. my heart began to steam in nervousness not long before a sharp pain followed from the same region. 

suddenly losing motion, my lightheaded self fell onto the floor. blood flew vigorously from the chest to flood the painting inside my hand. above me, i could see nagyung, holding the dagger that the Horkus statue was holding, tinted with those crimson blood of mine. 

she stabbed me to death.

"i am sorry thao, but i must do what i must" she signed heavily as she left the room. 

darkness clouded my vision, and everything suddenly went black. is it what people called death?

chapter 2. end