4. world of lost wishes

chapter 4. world of lost wishes 

like a child in the park, hopes drifted far from me. 

▲ unknown, unknown date, unknown time

 unknown, unknown date, unknown time

i could see the picture of a successful businessman having dinner with his family. 

i could see the letter of acceptance from the Ad Astra Per Aspera College for their fully waived course in criminal psychology and time travel technology. 

i could see two young men kissing under the moonlight, with all of their relatives and friends applauding them instead of judging for their homosexuality. 

i could see a world so beautiful that everyone living on it feels genuine happiness, where everything they truly long for finally comes true. 

i could see myself, investigating a heist, with much enthusiasm, accompanied by my best accomplice, youngeun and my best friend, chaeyoung.  

i could hear chuckles of children laughter echoing from somewhere far. the reflections that I am presented were the depictions of perfect world, a sense of foolishness that we all stored in our cognitive ability when we were still learning to read and write. 

this side of the universe was too good to be true, and unfortunately and not surprisingly, everyone including me got stuck on the other side. 

the world turned full 180 degree, and amidst the motion, the previously melodic laughter slowly crept into a wailing of desperate cries. 

what i could see was the picture of a man, still lost in his life, broken apart inside and lost his family. 

what i could see was the series of rejections from her dream college, now she was forced to give up her dream of becoming a timeline investigator. 

what i could see was the two lovebirds, forced to hide their feelings and wishes, just because they feared the eyes that the society will throw them. 

what i could see was the world solemnly hopeless, that darkness bleeds in every corner of it, and each hopeless man dragging his body resemble a zombie. this is a dead land.  

i could see myself being the reason of every fucking problem - i was the victim of all the unpleasant circumstances happened to the people that I love. no matter how hard i tried, Xin Thao was born to make her loved ones suffer, and disappear. 

i could see myself standing in the pools of blood alone, with my hands reddened with all the blood I killed from my loved ones. 

this ugly world is the reality. 

and i hope i couldn't be part of this. 

chapter 4 end.