5. world where everything begins, and must end

chapter 5. world where everything begins, and must end

i have been a friend of this world...

▲ unknown, unknown date, unknown time

i have a feeling that this is the end. 

in the darkness eroded room filled with pictures of myself, i subconsciously travelled to worlds that i hate myself to remember. 

there are worlds where reality is no apart from deception. there are worlds where i fall in love and couldn't get back up. there are worlds where i feel like i have been buried alive sixteen feet under. and there are worlds that stab my heart to hemorrhage just seeing the pieces of its. i survived in all of those worlds for sure, and these are some that i would rather not go back. 

i have been a failure in this life, at least in those worlds. it was bothering me so much that everyone that I gave love to, left me, or in easier phrase, disappear. i was not strong enough to lock this heart in isolation and led a frozen ice-cold life. i hated me for it. it was no other than me hurting them. my heart had witnessed tens of deaths that would rip itself apart - and if i think of it, none of them would lost their days if they would have never met me. 

this is the final reflection i was seeing, and the one that the brain always guilt tripped me from it. it was me, the investigator who excelled in solving murders in a so-called "time heists" killing people that she loved, for the sake of entertainment, for the sake of feeling the pain. 

another dropped, some were my best friend, some lovers, some relied on me so much and some even gave their whole world out of trust. and my gratitude, was to stab them to death. 

blood is thicker than tears, but i couldn't seem to notice the difference right now. the demons in my head screamed me the solution, which i had been ignoring for long. 

"xin thao, you are the reason why they died, you are the reason why they couldn't see the happy sunshine of this world. you are the reason why you blame yourself for this tragedy. you are the one"

the voice roared out of my hippocampus, so loud that i had to close my eyes. i knew the truth so please do not keep reminding me that. 

"you know what to do., girl. "

voices kept wrapping me around, the void grew stronger as i felt weak in my knees. looking at the short blade in my hand, i knew exactly what to do. 

the darkness wrapped around me even deeper. i guess this was actually the time to say goodbye. 

"thoa, no......" - "too late"

i wished i were a better person in the next world.

chapter 5 end. 

prologue end. please continue to act 1.