Oneshot 5 - The Good, the Bad, and the Infectious

(A/N: Felicia's design here is just my interpret! It's nothing canon, just my idea.)

Monster Seeking Monster is a speed dating game that's fit for all monsterkind. It's full of romance and drama in all places, which is why Felicia wanted to host it so bad. It was perfect for her.

Troy looked at the disco lights in the hall. It was the last night of the game: The Blood Harvest festival. This was his chance to earn some more hearts, since they're doubled this round.

He looked at the player contacts on his phone. Walter was revealed as a werewolf, Liv as a ventriloquist puppet, Monica as a Monster Hunter, and Reese as a Serial Killer. Everyone else, including Troy  was unrevealed.

All Troy needed to do was put his Glob role to use. If he dates one more new player tonight, then his heart tally doubles.

Troy was deciding who to message, when he got two notifications.

One was from Liv, the other was from Bella, one of the unrevealed monsters. Both were requesting a date.

Troy was deciding. The ventriloquist puppet gets a bonus heart from dating a player that got rejected last night. And for him, things didn't go well with him and Wanda on Night 5.

He had a feeling Liv was trying to get him to date her so she can get a heart bonus. It was the last night, after all. But Troy had dated Liv on the second night, meaning that his heart tally wouldn't double if he didn't date her.

He was leaning towards Bella, since he hasn't dated her yet. But then Liv sent him another message:

"Don't date Bella. She's been trying to go for everyone. She might be Zombie."

Troy narrowed his eyes at Liv's message. He didn't seem to believe it one bit. She was just trying to trip him into dating her. There were many other roles that means Bella could be trying to date everyone.

So he responded to Liv with four words of his choosing:

"I'm sorry. I can't."

He sighed and hesitated, before pressing send. Then he looked towards the clock. Time was running out to send messages. He quickly clicked on Bella's icon, and sent her a message...

"Sure. How about it?"

He waited nervously, before Bella replied.

"Great :)"

Troy smiled. This was his only opportunity to win.

There was a door creak. Everyone's eyes turned towards the host of the game. She was taller than everyone else in the room, with irises dark as night, her yellow pupils shining like a couple of stars. Her skin was rock grey, her pine green tentacle pigtails having snake-like movements. Her gown was lavender purple, fading to a black at the bottom.

Felicia clapped her hands together. "Times up! Now pick the player you want to date!"

Troy put his eyes on his phone, as the "talk" buttons turned into "date" buttons. He immediately clicked the button next to Bella, and then dating began.

Some of the players were lucky, some weren't. For Troy, he was, as he saw Bella walk up to him.

He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Her blonde hair, her blue eyes, her blue romper...she looked perfect tonight.

Bella shuffled through the crowd of players and offered a hand towards Troy.

"Shall we?"

Troy put on a grin.

"Well, of course."

Troy took Bella's hand, and as he did, Liv's unnoticeable expression flared.

He didn't listen.

Liv then walked away, sitting in the corner of the ballroom. The disco lights moved and the players danced. But Troy dating Bella? That stung her so much. If her theory was right, this game was about to end badly...

Troy on the other hand, was having the time of his life. He could feel his heart tally doubling after dating Bella. He would move up the ranks of the game in no time.

Then the disco lights cut out, and the room turned a little bit brighter. Felicia stood in the middle of the ballroom, using one of her tentacles to pull up the scoreboard.

"Let's see how that stacked up the scoreboard!"

The results were in:

1 - Troy
2- Reese
3 - Jesse
4 - Wanda
5 - Liv
6 - Walter
7 - Bella
8 - Monica

Troy was up in first. He couldn't believe it. He could win this game right now...

"It's not over yet though!" Felicia said excitedly, "All monsters will have to be revealed so we can get the final standings. We're starting from first place. Troy, you're up!"

Troy nodded, as took a deep breath, beginning to melt into a heap of orange. Then a face appeared, revealing that he was a glob.

Everyone let out a snicker, chuckle, or giggle, except Liv, who had her arms nervously crossed.

Next up was Jesse. He cleared his throat, before grabbing Reese's knife, stabbing himself in the chest. As he did, he melted into a heap of dust, before rising back up as a mummy.

Then it was Wanda's turn. She went into the shadows, before jumping right back out as a vampire. Everyone took a step back, some screamed at the reveal.

Then finally, it was Bella's turn.

She started transforming, her body turning green in some places, before she let out a deadly groan.

Troy gasped. Liv stiffened.

Her theory was right. Bella was a zombie. That monster's power? Everyone the zombie dates gets infected, then everyone who dated the zombie dates also gets infected. If everyone gets infected by the end of the game, it doesn't go well for the other players...

As Felicia started announcing some results from the power-ups, Liv grabbed Troy, pulled him forward, and stared him dead in the eyes.

"This is what happens when feeble-minded people like you never listen. Who's the dummy now, you heap of slime?"

Troy let out a nervous laugh, before Liv let him go. It was over. Getting to first place meant nothing.

"But wait!" Felicia said, "Who got infected by that zombie virus? I sure hope this doesn't go apocalyptically!"

Troy's eyes went behind his slime body. He couldn't watch...

"Oh! Okay then! We're good!"

What did he just hear? Troy unhid his face. He looked to see who got infected. Everyone except Wanda...wow.

"You're a lifesaver-" Troy reached, before Liv pulled him behind her.

"Yeah yeah, we were all lucky this time. Let's just get you on the podium, 'k?"