Chapter 2: First Night

“Um, I actually worked in that office before you, I’m finishing up my last week now as a matter of fact. So, I know it can be a bit overwhelming, but I’m here to tell you there’s nothing to worry about, Uh, you’ll do fine. So, let’s just focus on getting you through your first week, okay?” the Phone Guy said.

I leaned back in my chair as I continued to listen to the recorded message. He talked through the legal stuff next before speaking about the animatronics.

“Uh, the animatronic characters here, do get a bit quirky at night, but do I blame them? No. If I were forced to sing those same stupid songs for twenty years and I never got a bath? I’d probably be a bit irritable at night too. So, remember, these characters hold a special place in the hearts of children and we need to show them a little respect, right? Okay,” he explained.

I looked at the camera as he talked about the characters. This message was likely outdated. William even said they weren't powered anymore. I couldn't shake what he may have meant about them being quirky at night.

“So, just be aware, the characters do tend to wander a bit. Uh, they’re left in some kind of free roaming mode at night, uh, something about their servos locking up if they get turned off for too long? Uh, they used to be allowed to walk around during the day too, but then there was The Bite of ’87. Yeah. I-It’s amazing that the human body can live without the frontal lobe, you know?” He continued.

My blood went cold. What kind of dark history did these animatronics have? Bite of ‘87? No wonder this place was reduced to a rental service.

“Uh, now concerning your safety. The only real risk to you as a night watchman here, if any, is the fact that these characters, uh, if they happen to see you after hours probably won’t recognize you as a person. They’ll most likely see you as a metal endoskeleton without its costume on. Now, since that’s against the rules here at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, they’ll probably try to…forcefully stuff you inside a Freddy Fazbear suit.” he added.

My grip tightened on the phone. Of course the animatronics were not powered, so I had nothing to worry about regarding these crazy things, right?

Then I looked at the camera and saw something that made me panic. The rabbit, Bonnie, was not on the stage. I ignored the rest of the phone call and searched the cameras. Where was it?

I frantically switched the cams until I found it. It was in the parts and service, staring right into the camera. Its eyes were blacked out, white pinpricks for pupils. I nearly jumped out of my seat.

“But hey, first day should be a breeze. I’ll chat with you tomorrow. Uh, check those cameras, and remember to close the doors only if absolutely necessary. Gotta conserve power. Alright, good night.” the message ended.

“Geez, thanks phone guy…” I grumbled.

The camera fuzzed up and I was unable to see anything. I tapped the screen. “Come on work!” I shouted.

It came back clear and Bonnie was gone. I switched through the cams again. Bonnie was nowhere to be found.

I heard a loud stomping and turned my head slowly to see it. Standing in the window was Bonnie. It stared through at me. Its eyes followed me as I moved. I quickly reached for the door button and pressed it. The door began to slam down, but it stopped as Bonnie's hand caught it. It lifted the hydraulic door with ease. The button sparked as the door resisted against Bonnie's strength.

I rolled backwards in my chair and bumped into something. I looked up and standing above me was Chica. She looked down slowly. Her eyes bore into my soul. I stood up from my chair. I was between too hulking metal animals. There was no escape for me. How the hell was I supposed to get out of this one?