Kabanata 3 | Castor Alastov

𝐊𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀 𝟑 | 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐕

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍

"Castor Giovanni Alastov. I heard that a female familiar has appeared—''

''Are we talking about my dog?'' Castor chuckled as he played with a Rubik's Cube while conversing with the highly respected and talented Head Administrator of the Academy.

"Why would you address a woman as a dog? Aren't you aware of our world's history? Men used to be cursed and lived only until the age of 25. But a woman transmigrated and changed that—''

''Yet, in the end, she lost her virginity, and the men she marked suffered as a consequence. What a hoe.''

''Castor!'' Head Minister, Mr. Black Lalouche cut him off by slamming his fist on the table. Isang ngisi na lamang ang ginanti ni Castor sa kaniya.

Black let out a long sigh because he knew Castor would act this way. This was just typical of Castor's behavior. He would never admit when he was wrong. Black was aware that Castor had a strong sense of pride, being the reincarnation of a Crown Prince and the pride of the Academy.

Agad na nakarating ang balita tungkol sa babaeng lumitaw sa kanilang mundo. The Summoning Activity was postponed because every wizard claimed to be the woman's master.

Nakarating din kay Mr. Black ang kabalastugan na ginawa ni Castor sa Summoning Area. Sure, some may choose to keep their mouths and eyes closed about how Castor chained the woman and dragged her body as if she were trash, but their consciences couldn't stay silent.

''I heard what happened, Castor. Hindi mo ba alam na madami ang nakakita sa ginawa mo? You trampled on the woman's dignity by chaining her neck and treating her like a dog.'' Each word rolled out from Black's mouth.

''That woman is just a dog just like the woman who transmigrated here decades ago. She could have kept her legs closed. She's like Eve from the Garden of Eden who could have kept her mouth closed instead of biting from the forbidden apple.'' Castor chuckled, thinking that his joke was funny, but Black stared at him until he felt awkward and stopped laughing.

"Walang nakakatawa, Castor." May diin na pagkasambit ni Black.

Black next leaned back in his maroon wingback chair. His brunette, curly fringe hair reflected the light from the candle chandeliers in his office. The most prominent feature was his almond-shaped, ocean blue eyes. Katamtaman ang tangos ng ilong niya't mapula't makakapal ang kaniyang mga labi.

"Whatever. I won't apologize—"

"Since when did you apologize, Castor?" Black cut him off. Umigting na lang ang panga ni Castor at pinatong ang Rubik's cube sa mesa. Alam niyang kahit ilang beses niyang pagsabihan si Castor ay walang mangyayari.

"That dog is my familiar." Castor leaned closer. Isang halakhak na lang ang ginanti ni Black dahil alam niyang madali lang para kay Castor na paikutin ang lahat. 

''Try me, Mr. Alastov. Alam mong kung ako ang tumutol ay tumba ang lahat Maghanap ka ng kakampi mo kung kaya mo akong labanan.'' Napailing na lamang si Black. He lifted his gold wand, which was full of ruby gems, the most expensive gems of all.

''Okay, uncle.'' Castor smirked. Napawi naman ang ngiti ni Dark dahil sa sinabi ni Castor.

Out of all people, Black knew that when Castor wanted something, everyone would just agree in response. Castor Alastov had been the Academy's ace so it was given that he was spoiled. Alam naman ng lahat kung gaano siya kayabang ngunit ang iba'y nagbubulag-bulagan lang. Hindi naman nila itatanggi ang taglay na katalinuhan ni Castor.