A U T H O R N O T E + T H A N K Y O U

Three years later and I finally finished!!! Miracles can, in fact, happen. Believe me, no one is more surprised than myself.

Thank you to anyone who has been here since the beginning! Engraved Love has been a humungous part of my life and I am so happy to have shared it with you.

Reggie and Remus's story is heartbreaking and wonderful, all at once. While their ending was less than what they deserved, I think they found themselves at a time in each of their lives that was perfect. Even if they couldn't be together, it was right person, right time. And I definitely think that no matter what would have happened if Reggie's story didn't have that tragic ending is that Remus and Sirius were meant to be. Sirius is such a complex and interesting character and unpacking him is so much fun. He is constantly growing and evolving and I love it for him. Remus is patient and kind and they have a pure sort of love that you don't see often. The tangible sort of love.

Here's a little snippet of a convo that Reggie and Remus definitely had after he passed away and came back as a ghost, I just didn't know how to squeeze it in:

"What is it about you that made it so hard to walk away?" Remus asked as he stared at the lake.

"Sex is quite appealing, isn't it?" Reggie asked, a faint smirk on his face.

"It wasn't just the sex that was good," Remus pointed out, his back against the tree. "The talks were good too." He glanced over at Reggie, "You were the first person that I told about my...affliction."

Reggie watched him for a moment, "Don't your friends know? I thought they helped you?"

"They do," he nodded, turning to look at the lake again. "But they figured it out on their own. I had never told anyone before." He played with his hands, "Until you."

He grinned, "You really know how to make a guy feel special, don't you?"

Remus laughed at this, his focus on his hands. "I did like you, you know," he informed him. "It wasn't-"

"I know," Reggie interrupted with a sad smile. "I liked you too."

Again! Thank you guys so much and I hope you guys have like this short story as much as I enjoyed writing it! Farewell to Sirius, Remus and Reggie, until next time!