Chapter 72

996

A few days later, You Wan came to Qin Zichu and Zhuang Xueli and said excitedly: "There is a great thing happening, what do you think?"

Qin Zichu put down the pen in his hand, raised his eyes and asked curiously: "What is it that makes you so excited? Could it be that you defeated those young men in the skateboarding competition?"

You Wan just said a few days ago that the students from the Imperial College were going to hold a skateboarding competition, and they dragged him to participate.

You Wan waved his hands with disdain, "Why do you need to say that I won them? Didn't you see that every loser's face turned green? Even when I got home at night, my father scolded me and said I was causing trouble."

"But it's okay. There are people from both sides of the young master's family. Now that I've offended him, my father feels a lot more relaxed. No one is forcing him to stand."

Zhuang Xueli laughed, "If it's not this, what is that?"

You Wan regained his excited expression, "It's about the exam. I asked about one of the examiners."

Qin Zichu and Zhuang Xueli looked at each other and said with a smile: "The person who makes you so happy must be Bachelor Yan, right?"

You Wan clapped his hands, "Yes, it's him."

Qin Zichu and Zhuang Xueli were also surprised.

For other students, it would be a nightmare for the maverick and eccentric Master Yan, who loves medicinal herbs, to write questions, because even if you memorize all the names and habits of all the medicinal herbs, you still can't figure out the direction of his questions.

What's more, few people can really memorize the names and habits of all medicinal herbs.

But it was different for Qin Zichu and the others. Because of Su Xiaohan, they often came into contact with medicinal herbs and did not need to prepare for a surprise attack at all. On weekdays, they often discuss things in the newspaper from various angles, so their way of thinking is different from other students.

Zhuang Xueli said, "Actually, it's not surprising. Nowadays, the ranks in the court are clearly divided. There are only a few neutrals left, and Yan Jia happens to be one of them. He is also a bachelor. Who else can your Majesty use if he doesn't use him?"

You Wan nodded, "Your Majesty is still wise. If someone from His Highness King Jin or someone from the Third Prince were to come here, they would definitely bring in private goods and secretly recruit talents for him."

After a pause, he lowered his voice and said, "I just don't know which His Highness the wise and mighty Emperor will ultimately choose to succeed him."

Qin Zichu glanced at him and said, "This is not something we can discuss. Your father's status is embarrassing now, so don't talk about it next time."

Zhuang Xueli also agreed, "Zi Chu is right, be careful."

You Wan scratched his head and said: "Aren't you anxious? After the imperial examination, we will enter the court. Then we will be like my father, forced to choose one side to stand on. I'm okay, mainly. I'm worried about you two."

Qin Zichu smiled and said, "Let's wait until the exam is over. If we don't get into the first class, people won't take us seriously."

You Wan was anxious, "How is it possible? Both of you will get in."

Zhuang Xueli patted him on the shoulder and said warmly: "I know you care about us, but there is really no rush right now. We can only do what we are doing and take it step by step."