31-45

"The Kingdom of Beasts" Chapter 31

Why are you blushing?

 The royal autumn hunt is located in Yunfu Mountain, a hundred miles away from the capital. It is mostly a primitive dense forest. The beasts that live there have no spiritual power, but are extremely ferocious. The beasts like these in Jingguo Human aristocrats like to have some fun when they are free, in order to suppress their long-suppressed instinctive bloodiness.

 Qiao Mi got on Jing Cong's luxurious dragon carriage a long time ago. She opened the carved window by pulling the tassel handle and looked back. The huge procession was so spectacular. Many people were riding various kinds of mounts, which made her dazzled. .

 "Your Majesty, why are there so many people this year?" She remembered that only two-thirds of the people accompanying him in previous years were this time.

 "Since we have won the battle, more people should celebrate." Jing Cong was lazily sitting on a chair, sipping wine from the cup, feeling quite happy about the victory of the demon clan and the Night Kingdom being repelled.

 As a lesson learned from the past, Qiao Mi didn't like the smell of wine anymore. He shook the phoenix tail brocade fan in his hand, moved to the embroidery bag aside, found the small book that he had prepared long ago, took it out, and took out the phoenix tail fan that he had just given. As soon as she opened the food box that Zhen brought, it was filled with the fragrance of osmanthus and various shapes of snacks, which made her eyes light up.

 While eating, she looked at Jing Cong carefully, fearing that he would have any objections.

 "Eat your food and see what I will do? Be careful of choking."

 Now Qiao Mi finally gave in and kicked off the newly made snow-colored socks on his feet, revealing his delicate white lotus feet and lying on the soft bed with his legs crossed. On the bag, one hand is holding a book and the other is holding a flower cake.

 Jing Cong only looked at her once and then ignored her.

 ...

 When we arrived at Yunfu Mountain, it was already dusk. The large tents with thousands of tents had already been put away. Half of the sky was red with sunset. There was a cool breeze and the bonfire was getting stronger. Jing Cong got off the dragon carriage with the sleeping Qiao Mi in his arms.

 The girl as light as a feather nestled obediently in her arms, her eyes closed quietly, as if she was dreaming, she pursed her lips and unconsciously rubbed her forehead against Jing Cong's chest.

 "A lazy cat who is both greedy and able to sleep."

 Jing Cong's royal tent occupies a very large area, and all the attires are in the palace style. Even in the mountains, they also pay attention to luxury and enjoyment. After passing through the emerald screen, he will see Qiao Qiao. Mi was placed on the big bed with a domed gold gauze curtain.

 Seeing that she was still sleeping soundly, he couldn't help but reach out and pinch her delicate nose. It wasn't until those two eyebrows furrowed that he let go with a smile.

 "Report! Your lord, there is a secret report from General Fengzhu!"

 When Qiao Mi woke up, it was already dark. He stretched himself to wash up, and had dinner served by the palace maid. Only then did he realize that something seemed to be going on at the front line. Cong has recruited people and is going to discuss urgent matters.

 The night in the mountains was quite cold. When Qiao Mi came out of the tent, he casually put on a thin cloak with white fox trim and carried the light skirt. He was startled after taking half a step. The king's tent was surrounded by heavy troops. Looking at She pursed her lips as the armored soldiers surrounded them for several times.

 "Why did so many troops suddenly increase in guarding?"

 Not only the royal tent, but also the number of patrolling guards in the entire camp seemed to have increased.

 The black-faced commander with the meteor sledgehammer in his waist hurriedly replied: "It's the regent's order. It's getting late. Please don't travel too far, Miss Qiao. Report from the front line. A group of dead soldiers from the demon clan have sneaked into Jingguo. The purpose is It's to assassinate the regent and His Majesty."

 Qiao Mi held his forehead, it seems that the demon clan is really determined to kill Jing Cong after losing the battle? Idiot's dream.

 "I'll go over there for a walk. If the prince comes back, let someone come find me."

 After saying that, she picked up the hem of her skirt and ran away. This was the third time she came to this place, and it was not unfamiliar to her. She wanted to go there. Pei Zhen left her station and unexpectedly came to a fire. She looked at the Prime Minister who was talking to her friend. She waved her hand happily, then suddenly thought of something, she quickly put down her hand.

 Fortunately, Pei Zhen over there had already seen her. In the deep night and the flickering firelight, the tall figure walked towards her. Seeing the gentle and handsome man getting closer and closer, Qiao Mi's heartbeat accelerated for no reason.

 "Xiao Qiao? Why are you here?" Pei Zhen was very surprised. He was far away just now. The light where Qiao Mi stood was very dark, and he almost didn't see her clearly.

 Qiao Mi shrugged his shoulders, scratched his short-haired cat ears, and said in a clear voice: "I just walked around casually. I was too full at dinner, slept too much during the day, and the king's tent was not fun... ..."

 What on earth is she talking about!

 The incoherent words made Pei Zhen helplessly shake his head. Looking at the cute girl who was a head shorter than him, he couldn't hold it back for a moment, so he stretched out his hand to rub her head, but accidentally knocked off the beads in her hair.

 The light and delicate palace beads flashed brightly and were submerged in the weeds. Pei Zhen hurriedly lifted the corner of his robe and knelt down to look for it. Qiao Mi was slower than him, but Mao'er's eyesight was excellent and he saw Lu at a glance. A huge pearl at the root of the grass.

 "Here!"

 She followed and squatted down. At the same time, Pei Zhen naturally saw it. The lion's eyesight was naturally no worse than that of the cat. However, he had distracting thoughts and did not react for a while.

 As soon as Qiao Mi's little hand touched the pearl flower, Pei Zhen's hand covered it, and his big palm directly grasped the girl's delicate fingers, and the cold jade moisture quickly penetrated...

 "Yes, I'm sorry!" Within a second, Pei Zhen withdrew his hand. The usually elegant and gentle Prime Minister had a strangely red face at this moment, and suddenly stood up and stood with his hands behind his back.

 The back of his hand was still slightly cold after being held. Qiao Mi bit his lip and stood up, with a smile in his beautiful black eyes. He tilted his head to look at the serious Pei Zhen and suddenly grinned.

 "Mr. Prime Minister, why are you blushing?"

 Pei Zhen was slightly startled, but he looked into the girl's bright eyes. In the dancing firelight, those eyes were as black and clear as water, and the waves were gentle and charming, as if they could accommodate thousands of people. Thousands of stars were brewing and blooming in it, so beautiful that he was obsessed with it.

 At that moment, all he wanted to do was reach out and cover her eyes so as not to be confused.

 "It's getting late. Miss Xiao Qiao, please go back. Regent..."

 A regent instantly broke the rising ambiguous temperature in the air. The cool breeze of the autumn night caressed her, and Qiao Mi suddenly felt that her heart was full of emotions. cold.

 "Then I'm going back."