The Wind

The wind rustled against me, carrying
a little baby girl's laugh. It carried me past the stars, until I landed in a very bright place. And it was there I woke up. "Hello?" I said, cautious of this bright place.
"Hello," A bright fairy said. She was golden and shimmery, her voice comforting and gentle. I relaxed. "I'm Queen Clarion. Now, let's see about those wings." There were gasps all around me, as two shimmering things appeared on my back.
"What are these...things?" I asked, still cautious.
"They will help you find your talent, little one," Queen Clarion said kindly. "You'll know which one is yours."
I a circle around me was a bunch of little pedestals. Different fairies came forward each carrying a different object. They were very interesting. I noticed a girl with blonde hair in a bun, wearing a rather scandalous green dress. She brought a wood thingy with a stone on it. I didn't want that one, I was sure. I went around trying all these items. They were all so cool! But none of them really jumped out at me. I stood in the center. I'd tried all of them but none of them had worked. Then suddenly, a great wind blew in.
The talents spun together and combined. They all connected in a great golden ball above me, and then shattered, showering me with a golden dust. The crown gasped.

Queen Clarion looked shocked for a moment but recovered quickly

Queen Clarion looked shocked for a moment but recovered quickly. "Ministers of the Seasons, gather around to welcome—"She paused and studied me. After a minute, she announced "Her name is Raelynn. Ministers, come with me to the meeting room. Raelynn, you'll come with me."

• • •

"Well that was unusual," Rosetta said as she, Silvermist, Fawn, Iredessa, Vidia, and Tink flew over to Tink's house to talk about this new fairy, Raelynn. Tink seemed upset about something, but the others were full of curiosity.
        "This girl—Raelynn I mean—could be the next queen! Isn't that so exciting?!" Silvermist exclaimed as they neared Tink's house.
           Iredessa looked thoughtful. "I wonder what will happen to Queen Clarion if this Raelynn becomes, well, Queen?" She said.
Tink was still silent. Fawn flew to her side. "Everything good Tink?" She asked. Tink nodded, and then flew ahead.

"Y'know, I'm more excited for this girl then I was for anyone else

"Y'know, I'm more excited for this girl then I was for anyone else." Vidia said. "It's ironic, really."
Silvermist rolled her eyes. "Yeah really. All of us are more excited for this girl than anyone else. I mean, come on! She could be our new queen for crying out loud."
They finally reached Tink's house. They all sat down at the table. Tink immediately started fiddling with a screw. She didn't participate in the conversation much, and after a while everyone left to their own homes for the night.

• • •

Queen Clarion and the Ministers talked well into the night, and although it didn't make much sense to me, I listened to them for quite a while. That is, until Queen Clarion showed me a room I could sleep in. Once there, I immediately snuck back out to listen again, unseen.
"What will we do with her?"
"She has a queen talent, she should be treated that way."
"But what happens to you, my queen, when she becomes queen?"
"We could send her away—"
"We can't do that!"
"If she rebels, she could destroy Pixie Hollow!"
"Not if she's raised right she won't."
"But even then, she could make mistakes. Serious mistakes."
"Not intending any offense your majesty, but you made some yourself."
"And I turned out alright."
"She could be more powerful than you."
"You know yourself what could happen if she made an innocent mistake. It's too dangerous."
"We must send her away, before anything else happens."
"Nothing's happened yet."
"Exactly! Nothing's happened yet."
At this point, I had heard enough. I went back to my room. They would send me away, most likely. I felt bad, almost as though I had done something wrong. But I hadn't. Yet.