Glossary

Terms are arranged in order of appearance.

Inter-Philippine Railway Network (IPRN): A fictional railway transit system in the story world. Inspired by the real-life Manila Light Rail Transit System.

Rizal Railway Company: A private, Philippine-based railway operator in the story world. The company is responsible for ushering the first and only inter-island railway system to the Philippines.

La Solidaridad: One of the many high-tech trains running through the IPRN. Named after the organization and newspaper that was composed of Filipino liberals exiled to Spain, including Jose Rizal, the country's national hero.

New Vito Cruz Station: A train station based on the real-life Vito Cruz Station, a Light Rail Transit (LRT) station located in Malate, Manila.

Batangas: A city in the southernmost part of Luzon, one of the Philippines' three major islands. Batangas is home to the famous Taal Volcano.

Daffodil: A bulb-forming plant with trumpet-like flowers. Ingesting too much of its poisonous bulbs could cause vomiting, diarrhea, convulsions, tremors, and cardiac arrhythmia.

Santa Clara Station: A fictional train station that is part of the IPRN.

Puerto Galera: A municipality located in Oriental Mindoro.

Hemlock: Also known as poison hemlock, this plant is native to Europe and North Africa and can cause symptoms related to the nervous system.

White Beach: A popular tourist destination in Puerto Galera.

Poison Grove: A shadow organization that cultivates genetically modified assassins to do its bidding.

Hogweed: A tall, ornamental plant that can cause sunburn and blisters with its sap.

The Gardener: The codename for the mysterious leader and head scientist of Poison Grove.

Azalea: A flowering shrub that is entirely toxic. Ingesting a flower, stem, or leaf could lead to abdominal pain, difficulty breathing, paralysis, coma, and even death.

Iloilo: A city in the central part of the Philippine archipelago.

Kayumanggi: A Filipino word that describe the brown skin color of most Filipinos.

Kuya: A Filipino word for 'older brother', but it can also be used to politely address someone who's an older man, even if they're not your actual brother.

Pancit guisado: A Filipino noodle ("Pancit") dish usually consisting of thin rice noodles, shrimp, and vegetables. The noodles symbolize long life and are often served during special occasions like Chinese New Year.

Kenny Rogers Roasters: A popular restaurant chain in the Philippines. Some of its iconic food items include rotisserie chicken, corn muffins, and mango habanero sauce.

Davao City: The largest city in the Philippines in terms of land area. Located at southern Mindanao, the southernmost major island, it is known for housing Mount Apo, the highest mountain in the Philippines.

Lily of the valley: A plant with small, bell-shaped white flowers that has toxic compounds that can cause dizziness, vomiting, rashes, and diarrhea, and eventually death if left untreated.

Foxglove: Bell-shaped flowers that contain a compound used for treating heart failure. Foxglove poisoning can lead to symptoms such as hallucinations, loss of appetite, vomiting, and an abnormal heart rate.