Chapter 3

Emraan's POV:

"Bhai jaan!" My youngest sister Myra said hugging me tight. I too reciprocated her actions.

She only opened the door as I rang the bell.

"How are you my little princess?" I asked her and kissed her forehead.

It'd actually been a month since I visited home. I thought to myself leaving a long breath.

"I'm super good!" She replied with her cute smile.

"How are studies going?" I asked her as we walked through the hall way towards the living room.

"Not bad!" She said lamely.

She is doing her masters in history. She has been a good student thus far. But she is too naughty and mischief.

"Ammi!" I said as she stood near the sofa... I walked towards her and hugged her.

"Only when I call you, you come to visit or else...tum tho bhul jathe ho ke parivaar hai tumhara"
She whined but patted my back.

I broke our hug and kissed her forehead. She lovingly slapped my cheek. We smiled at each other.

"Finally, you got time to visit us my dear brother!" I head another voice to see my middle sister standing on the steps.

She walked down towards me and I side hugged her. "Sorry dear, I promise I'll try to give you more time" I told her lovingly.

"Okay, Ammi now tell bhai jaan the good news"... Myra said in excitement.

"Kya hua hai?" I asked in doubt.

My mom smiled and looked at Annara. She looked down blushing. I couldn't understand what's going on here.

"Ladies please stop smiling and let me also know what's going on here?" I asked them blankly.

"Annara appi is going to get engaged. Ammi has seen a boy for her!" Myra said happily.

"Really Ms. Doctor?"
I asked bring amused looking at Annara.

She nodded and smiled.

"How did all this happen?" I asked my mom.

"I met one of old friends a few days ago at a restaurant. There I got to know that, they are looking out for a girl for her nephew. So I suggested them about our Annara and we exchanged numbers. Two days back Annara met with that boy and they both liked each other so they are coming home for dinner tonight" My mom said and left a happy breath.

"Wow! So much happened and I know nothing about it!"
I said smiling but being sarcastic.

"Yes, Mr. Emaran Asif Mudeen because you have always been busy. Ammi had called you the very first day that she met her friend and spoke about all this. You said you will call back but as usual you didn't" Annara said and knocked my head.

"Ok ok I'm sorry" I said rubbing my head.

"But, I'm so happy for you!" I said and hugged her again.

"Okay now tell me about this guy. I need to know everything about the man who's going to marry my sister!" I said becoming a little serious now.

Myra smiled and nodded her head, she took her phone and we settled ourselves on the sofa as she showed me his picture. His name is Mohammed Nasir and he is also a doctor like my Annara.

I made sure all my siblings got the best education and are living a good life. I never let them have any struggle with their career or normal life.

Time passed as we sat talking casually and then the guest arrived. I formally introduced myself to them and they looked like good people to me. He is the youngest son of the family. He has three elder brothers and all of them are married with each having two or three kids. My sister is going into a big joint family I thought to myself in wonder. I pray she is able to adjust happily.