Chapter 12

Unknown 

I made sure I was hidden perfectly well so I would not have my cover blown. I had to do this correctly, otherwise he would become furious with me if I messed up again. The last thing I needed on my shoulders was to upset the boss and possibly become his next meal. 

"If you mess up one more time, you will wish that I end your life." Those words repeated over and over in my head like a broken record. I needed to accomplish this. I have to. I peered over the bush cautiously as my eyes quickly lock onto the window where the two couples were situated on the couch, both in each others arms.

I didn't understand why I had to be doing this. Why me out of all the rest? He chose me. Maybe this was some sort of test? To gain his trust with me once again? Who the hell knew, but all I knew was that I needed to get some information and be back to base before I get caught. I didn't want to have to be on the Alpha's target list. 

I narrowed my eyes slightly before I quickly crouched behind the bush, peering slightly over to the side right when I heard voices coming from the house. He was leaving already. The man placed a kiss upon the girl's lips before he made his way to his car, started the engine and soon drove out of the scene. The girl, however, still stayed in the same spot for a few moments until she finally went back inside. 

I cautiously moved away from my hiding spot to get a bit more closer to the house. Instead, I was now hiding behind a tree that was only a few feet away from the back door of the home. Luckily, the girl didn't seem to notice and began to pick up things around the place. I needed to distract her and possibly have her out of the home for just a few minutes.

There wasn't much time left and I had to hurry. I had only till sunset to get what needed to be done and come back to base to the boss. He wasn't very patient, so I had to do this quick. 

"It'll be fast and easy." I reminded myself before I closed my eyes to allow my wolf to take control. I was soon on all fours, my head shot up to inspect the home until my eyes glanced towards the back door. It was slightly ajar, so that was my only option to get in.

I didn't have to worry about her catching onto my scent. Before I had left the base, I made sure to spray a bit of perfume on myself in order to have my scent masked. It worked very well, too. It can mask anyones scent for a period of time, but it was very hard to retrieve. 

I crouched down and began to walk along the ground before I stood tall and padded over to the other bush that was on the other side. I glanced over to the window where I saw the her in the kitchen still. There was no time to have her leave the house, so I ran inside quickly right when she had her back towards me. 

The loud slamming of pots and the running of water had made me become at ease. She would be far too busy doing what she was doing to be able to hear me. I allowed myself to shift back to my human self, though I now stood in all my naked glory; which I didn't mind at all. I stood beneath the staircase and began to climb up the stairs. 

Hopefully, her room would be up there. This house was enormous compared to where I lived. We lived in small cabins in the middle of the woods to keep away from packs.  They were small, but very homey. Once I had reached the top of the stairs, I looked between the two doors in front of me. Taking a quick inhale, I turned to the left door where her scent was still fresh and slowly opened it.

The room was rather dull looking, only a few furnitures here and there. Quietly closing the door behind me, I rushed over towards the small desk and began to take out a blank piece of paper and a black pen. 

I quickly scribbled down whatever I was told to write before I had folded the paper and placed it on top of her pillow. It wouldn't be hard to notice once she comes in tonight. Smiling in triumph, I opened the window and leaped out; shifting in midair before landing on the ground with a big thud and sprinted out of premises. 

Mission complete, alpha. 

Good, you will be rewarded for your success.