{12} To Be 'Broken'

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

"What the fuck were you two thinking?!"  Theo was definitely not happy with the entire story of us killing people from Calvin's followers. "Maybe just maybe that if I let them leave they would go tell Calvin where we are! I'm not fucking stupid!" Xavier and I had a point in all of this. If we had let them go they risked our safety.

"Yeah and what kind of message do you think killing two spies in a possible hiding location implies? Huh!" To this Xavier and I share a look of embarrassment. Theirs right. Shit.

"You two really have no sense at all do you?" Theo seethes. "Theo, respectfully, anything could've happened to them. But letting them go tell Calvin, ran a way higher risk." For the first time in the entire argument, Theo's eyes meet mine. Xavier looks cautiously at Theo.

We all knew if he said the wrong thing, Xavier would blow up on Theo.

"Yeah I get that but either way we risk something, Davina. I mean-" The door to the meeting room opens. Freya walks in and shuts the door. "What's the point of coming here to argue if we can all hear?" The point was to distance from Alexandra. We hadn't quite cooled down from the big fight the other day.

By 'we' I mean Xavier. He had blown up like I'd never seen him do before. I disliked Alex, but I never thought I'd see her so close to death at the hands of my boyfriend. Alex was a walking trigger for Xavier. It was the first time he became vulnerable only to be stabbed in the back. Even after Xavier found something to bring back a safe space in him, she reigned over him like a dark cloud.

And I still have a feeling there's something I'm not being told there. 

I understand stealing from them could leave Xaveir furious given his role in the family. He constantly gave up things for his family. He loved them. Somehow he closed off and cared in secret, did things only till the last second. But somewhere along that Alexandra angered him to a boiling point seething to the touch. 

Something was missing in the story he'd told me. What did she do to make him hate her more than possibly anything else? There it was. Another secret. Another lie.

It makes me laugh a little in my head. It was crazy that lies have no limits.

Never. Ending. Lies.

"Hey," Nothing about the situation stops Freya from walking over to Xavier and embracing him in a hug. Her arms wrap around him tightly, her breath shakily releasing in his hold. I can't imagine the thought of your brother fighting people who caused the death of your sister. It can really fuck with your head.