{15} Keep Going...?

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

Xavier blamed himself for my detachment from reality when it wasn't near the truth. In truth, I just doubted there'd be an end to the weight put on my back day by day. It was exhausting how much was put on my shoulders in this new way. 

Eyes were always on me, watching me, waiting for me to fall apart again. 

I just wanted to hole myself up in a hideaway far from this mess with Xavier and never have to do anything again. We'd just be able to relax and not worry about constantly looking over our shoulders.

One peaceful sleep-filled day later, the sun's rays pool through the open curtains of our room, the warmth kissing my cheeks. It was the most comfortable I'd been in over six months. 

The bed dips, and the envelope of Xavier's arm takes my body from behind. "You awake?" He whispers, planting a kiss on my bare shoulder. It sends butterflies swarming throughout my body. "Mhm,"

"Good, because I got you something." My curiosity powers energy in me, looking over my shoulder at his captivating green eyes. His lips lay so close to mine that I'm left yearning for them to make contact with mine. 

It wasn't wrong for me to be thinking of that... It had been a while. 

 "What is it?" I ask, turning for my back to hit the bed where Xavier is sitting up on his side, his weight slightly shifted to lean over me. "Tada," His hidden hand comes into view with a bouquet of Lotus flowers. 

The flowers stood for strength and resilience. 

My heart aches in awe.

"Where did you get them?" I ask, taking them in my hand and planting a soft kiss on Xavier's jaw. "I snuck out earlier to the store for some things and I happened to fall upon these." He explains as I set the bouquet on my bedside table. 

"Well, you've managed to make my heart upsize a couple of inches." Xavier chuckles and I cant help but take in the sight of his smile and messy bed hair. He was perfect right down to the way he made me feel as if I didn't have to worry about anything when I was with him.

"I love you. You know that right?" He whispers, his lips falling down to my ear. It sends waves of adrenaline and pleasure charging through my veins. "It's my favorite part about you," I respond out of breath that I had no clue had disappeared from my lungs. 

It takes less than three seconds before his lips crash against mine with a hunger I'd never come in touch with. We'd been through a lot in the past two weeks, and that put a halt to our intimacy and secret rendezvous like these. Having it come back, even if it was just a simple kiss, made the interaction that much more desired. 

Xaviers palms my bare thigh, hoisting against his torso that was leaned down onto my laid-out body. The kiss deepens like this is our last kiss. He wanted this just as badly as I did. And the hard grip on my body gave it away.