Chapter 2: Dinner Specialty

"Mmmm!" Uday squealed excitedly. A platter of food was placed before her, containing chili, a baked potato, and some green beans. The others got a similar dinner, just differing vegetables.

"...I hate broccoli." Mian muttered, pouring them onto Jacob's plate. Jacob rolled his eyes and ate them along with his vegetables.

Liuli bit her lip. She had a bad feeling about the vegetables, but she shook it off as just her worrying about food poisoning or something. She also poured her vegetables onto Jacob's plate, thinking nothing of it.

"Bleh, my vegetables are still frozen!" Uday huffed and just ate the rest of her food.

Jacob blankly stared at the three of them. "These are delicious, you guys are crazy."

"I didn't bring floss," Mian defended himself, "besides, broccoli is overhyped."

"I just don't feel like eating mine," Liuli said, "I just feel like something's off about them."

"I think they're freezer burnt, that's it." Jacob said, finishing the vegetables and leaning back to fall asleep. Liuli sighed, hearing people getting up and retiring for the night.

"Everyone's done?" She asked. Uday nodded.

"Ok, we have two rooms with two beds each."

"Can I sleep with you?" Uday asked. Liuli nodded, smiling.

"Jacob, come on," Mian said, dragging his sleepy boyfriend up.

"Here," Liuli handed him the room key card, "it's number 15, and mine and Uday's is 3."

"Why so far?"

"Just how things happened, sorry."

Mian grunted and set off. Uday quickly ran to their room, jumping up and down.

"I've never slept on a train before." She said.

"I've done it once," Liuli replied, "it was fine, I guess."

She opened the door to the small room. Only two beds, a sink, and a small desk and drawer stacked on top of each other were in the smelly room. It was enough for Uday, though, because she had a big smile on her face.

"When we're done, do you think we could find another train to go on?"

"Maybe."

Uday claimed the top bed, snuggling up. Liuli laid down in her bed, listening to the soft breathing just above her, lulling her to sleep.

***

"Can I have your vegetables?" Vanessa asked Udanya. The sisters were sitting in a private booth, two bodyguards stationed to make sure nobody got to them.

"I dunno," Udanya said slowly, "I don't have a good feeling about this food..."

"It's fine," Vanessa popped one of Udanya's carrots into her mouth, "how bad can a vegetable be?"

"You can have mine too!" Sandrine eagerly said, shoving her otherwise empty plate to her sister. "You're just stressed about the concert."

"Maybe you're right." Udanya sighed and let it go.

Once Vanessa finished her massive plate of food, she gave a huge yawn. "I'm so sleepy..."

"Let's go see our room, then!" Sandrine said excitedly. Her sisters had assured her that their room was going to be bigger than the normal cabins with only the best services and beds.

Vanessa got up shakily. Her eyes dropped and she gave an even bigger yawn.

"Can you walk there yourself?" Udanya asked, worried.