CHAPTER 7-THE MIRROR

"..good point." Yukio agreed. He got up, as soon as he went even a small amount of distance away, he began to get extremely cold. As a perfectly sane person would do, he went back near the mirror. That's when he and Haruto noticed a dead body, but the man's body was not eaten or seemed too damaged in any way. He looked more peaceful.

"HOLY CRAP– another dead body. But with flowers surrounding him?" Yukio quickly backed away from the body.

"Apparently someone paid their respects to this guy. Hey at least the organs aren't all over the place. But I do wonder what happened." Haruto got a little closer to the body, filled with curiosity. At that moment, a large, white wolf came out of the dark corner, growling.

"Woah, woah. E-easy there.." Haruto backed away in a defensive stance.

"Hey Yukio... on a count to three... let's make a run for it." Haruto whispered. Before Yukio could warn Haruto about the temperature, he already started counting.

"One.... two.... THREE!" Haruto started running, Yukio hesitated, but the wolf had no hesitation. So Yukio ran as well. As they got closer to the way out of the tunnel, it got colder and colder. Until they got out into the open, in this place, it wasn't a pit. It was dark, clouds everywhere in the sky. Haruto was shivering, it was incredibly cold.

"W-we need t-t-to find some s-shelter.." Yukio managed to say, he was trying to warm himself up. Haruto nodded, though it was hard to see. There was snow everywhere, snow was falling. Luckily, it wasn't a snowstorm quite yet. Surprisingly, that day was much better than they might have expected. Haruto nudged Yukio and pointed towards some buildings. The two rushed over to the buildings in the distance. A majority of them were made out of wooden planks, quite a few destroyed for the most part.

"C-c'mon.." Haruto said to Yukio, he also took his jacket off, giving it to Yukio.

"Th-thanks." The two went into the building that looked the most intact. Haruto shut the door behind him, shutting the wind and snow out.

"I guess it's a little warmer. How are you holding up?" Haruto asked. Yukio just gave a thumbs up with the hand that isn't injured. The two noticed how big the building was, not to mention it was suspiciously intact. Haruto peeked out the window, looking to see if the wolf was still out there. But, he couldn't tell. The snow storm began.

"Wanna come with me and look around?" Haruto offered. Yukio nodded, getting up from the ground. There were multiple claw marks on the walls, indicating that there was some sort of monster in there.

"We should be careful, can't guarantee we'll be safe if we don't even know if whoever made those marks is still here." Haruto said.

"Yeah, never know." Yukio said, looking out into the distance. "Hey, what's that over there?" Yukio began picking up speed, finding the thing that he saw. It turned out to be a person, chained to the wall. This one looked much better than all the other people Haruto and Yukio had seen. The man had a black tie, a nice looking classy shirt, along with nice pants and shoes. His head was down, and when Yukio looked closer, he saw that the man was breathing. His head was dripping blood, staining the white shirt.

"Bushida! Come over here!" Yukio yelled out. Haruto rushed over there.

"What's wrong?" Yukio pointed at the man, who slowly opened his eyes.

"He's alive.." Haruto said in awe, it was surprising finding someone alive in the places they were.

"...he left me here." The man muttered weakly. He was still looking down.

"What?" Yukio kneeled down, inching closer to the man.

"Alpha... that.." The man sat up a little. Yukio went a little closer, trying to listen to what the man said.