CHAPTER 10-ESCAPE

"BUSHIDA, YUKIO!" Mamoru yelled into Yukio and Haruto's ears. The two flinched, Yukio fell off the bed, landing on Haruto who was on the other side of him.

"CRAP! SORRY BUSHIDA!" Yukio got off as quickly as he could.

"D-don't worry..-" Haruto coughed, trying to sit up. "Damn you're heavy." Haruto joked as he tried to catch his breath.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?!" Yukio felt insulted, but Haruto did have a good point.

"We should get going while we still have some light, but maybe you guys should get some warmer clothes." Mamoru easily ripped a piece of fabric off of Haruto's school uniform. "Yup, you won't survive at all with these clothes." Mamoru dropped the fabric, helping Haruto up. Taiyo was already out of the other part of the room, dressed and ready.

"You guys ready?" Mamoru asked.

"We haven't even changed or showered or–" Haruto was cut off. "You two could do that later once you've got better clothing." Mamoru poked Haruto's forehead. Mamoru and Taiyo clearly got ready long before they woke Yukio and Haruto up. The four walked out of the room, going down the elevator.

"Thanks sir, have a good day!" Mamoru tossed the man at the desk the keycard. The man in return waved goodbye.

"Did you guys get good sleep?" Mamoru asked as everyone walked out of the hotel.

"Yeah, though I'm surprised I even got any sleep." Haruto said as he looked around, amazed at the amount of people who lived in just one city, considering the dangers of this realm.

"So, how many people live in this realm? Or at least your best guess. ALIVE people." Yukio inquired.

"My best guess would be around ten million?" Mamoru said.

"ONLY TEN MILLION?!" Haruto became surprised once again, it was such a small population of a whole realm.

"Are you sure you don't mean ten billion..?" Yukio wanted to confirm.

"Now that's a lot of people. There could've been that many people thousands of years ago. Maybe less. Not sure." Mamoru shrugged. "Ah, look here! This has got to be my favorite place for new clothing!" Mamoru stopped at a small building, swinging the door open. It was a small shop, but it carried weapons, clothing fit for a warrior, along with simple clothing that would keep an individual warm.

"Mamoru! Nice to see you again, what can I get for you today?" The woman seemed older than many other people, at least in her fifties so it seemed.

"Some warmer clothing for these two, but I think you'd enjoy hearing the fact that these two are humans too." Mamoru said happily after giving her a hug, the lady seemed to be a mother figure to him.

"Is that so! It's so nice to meet you two, my name's Kiko. I'm sure you may have been wondering why I look so old compared to everyone else– there's only one answer to that. I'm a human as well! It's been a long time since I've seen someone like myself." Kiko shook both Yukio and Haruto's hands. "My, my! You won't get anywhere without freezing to death in these clothes! Come, come, let me get you some nicer clothing." Before Yukio and Haruto could say anything, Kiko pulled them over to the side with nice clothing and immediately began asking tons of questions.

"Well, that's taken care of." Mamoru laughed. As he turned around, he saw one of the mirrors. Mamoru was clearly in distress at the sight of the mirror.

"Mamoru, are you ok–?" Taiyo turned around, realizing why Mamoru was breathing heavily. "It's ok. The phantom won't haunt you anymore." Taiyo put a sheet over the mirror, hiding the reflection from Mamoru's sight.