Pillow Talkin' Friday

B. Knowles

I had the top of my Polo tracksuit off, my wife beater skin tight and black to match the embroidered Polo logo.

Nika held my top while I exhaled the blunt that was still in my mouth. After meeting my in-laws who welcomed me with love immediately, I made myself at home in the Maraj household. It was hard not to with Mrs. Maraj refilling my drink and making sure my belly was full since I been here.

"Put an ounce and three bands up if you 'bout it," Manny was on the other side of the table, about to lose his second pool match to me.

I looked back towards Nicki as she set at the bar a few feet away in the entertainment room that was hotboxed out. Her eyes were hazy, she Mr. Maraj watched me with curiosity and admiration as I effortlessly put the eight ball into the pocket.

"Mr. Maraj, that's yo' pack now," I nodded towards the O that was now in the middle of the empty pool table.

"Good job, baby," Nicki wrapped her arms around me from behind, laying her head on her back.
We had spent all day over at her people's house and I wasn't ready to go just yet.

"That ain't no Reggie, Mr. Maraj," Manny warned. We all chuckled as he observed the deep purple strand that we had copped from out of town.

"If I was the old me, I would flip this shit," Mr. Maraj coughed on the joint he was finishing. I chuckled at the older man and got more comfortable in my lady's embrace.

Lauren was knocked out on the sectional and Mrs. Maraj had came down with crab cakes and a flute of her own drink of choice.

"Daddy, please," Nika left from behind me to go sit next to Lauren. I think she was getting sleepy too so I knew to start wrapping the gambling thing up.

"I'm six bands up, who else trying to pay a bill?" I counted the six g's and stuffed the knot in my sweats.

"B been whipping ass," Mr. Maraj came stood next to me with pride.

I chalked the tip of my pool stick up, catching Onika's eyes again as Mrs. Maraj grabbed a pool stick and took her position at the head of the table.

My eyebrows raised, still holding contact with my lady who had winked at me and blew me a kiss. I blushed and turned my head back to the older version of Onika and gave a weak smile—the only smile I could muster up as intimidation consumed me.

"Don't be scared, baby," she gave a comforting smile, making me lighten up again.

I felt my confidence consume me once again and the was the last I had felt before Mrs. Maraj whipped my ass in less than 15 minutes.

"Bae, you could've told me ya moms had that dawg in her," I rubbed my neck as we walked to the car with Manny and Lauren in tow.

Stephen was inside, pissed off about the grand he lost to Manny in which Manny had lost to me.

"It's a hidden talent she likes to keep hidden, her and father used to be rolling stones in the street scene."

I nodded and thought about how flawless the older woman's technique was and knew I could learn so much from her.

"She likes you," Onika admitted, leaning up to peck my lips as I leaned on her as we leaned on the car. My phone buzzed twice in my sweat pants and I knew Onika felt it just as I did, but decided to ignore it.

"I hope so 'cause Ian goin' anywhere away from you," I pecked her lips again and again.

Manny and Lauren started whistling and I rolled my eyes. "The night is still young," Manny smirked looking at me and Onika.