She Loves Me

B. Knowles

I watched her breasts rise and fall under the moonlight. She shone with beauty, glistening with love as she stayed put in her same sleeping position. I loved her in the sunshine but I loved her even more in her glory; seeing her do hair, watching her sleep, laugh—any and everything.

I was enamored with her, even though it caught me off guard that night she told me, I felt the same way for real.

With everything going on and her being here with me, it made me realize so many things. Onika was my right hand man now in a sense. I had unintentionally involved her into my life, I had to because she was my woman she couldn't be in the dark about anything.

If she said it, I knew it was facts.

Even my Ma had warned me about the shit Nika saying now.

Zipping up my hoodie, I made it out of the beach house to go to the bar. Coming to this resort was not only a treat for my woman but something that would push us further out of the city's lights.

I had my piece tucked and one strapped on my leg just in case.

"Give her all three," I heard his accent before we met face to face. With a smile, I turned to a man I knew to be of a distant uncle. It was some real mov tie type shit, and he had real money, not no play shit. His light brown skin was flawless in texture, but a long scar ran vertically on his face. His curls were sandy, loose in pattern and all over his head without a tame. He had on a tracksuit and a blunt hanging from his mouth.

This cool ass old nigga.

All three bricks were placed on the table and he hugged me like we had known each other all life. "I loved your father like my own brother, and if he wasn't my brother, you would be my daughter."

I hugged him back and thanked him, taking the shots the waitress had just brought us back. "That your lady there you had the food services for?"

Keeping my composure, I nodded. He laughed and promised me there was no need for my caution. Still, I watched my surroundings.

"Her mother is a beautiful woman, you're not too far off," he mumbled and my eye twitched. I figured it was his nature and decided to ease up a bit.

"Yeah, numbers are beautiful too, what is future business looking like?"

I felt my phone began to ring and I hurriedly pressed it silent.

"Baby, the world is in your hands. You show me what you can do in the city with those three and that dictates how business will go. I tell you this shit hea', that's some pure so it ain't cheap. Don't share it with no nigga and charge an arm and leg for the shit. And if your woman loves you get her to help move that shit, more money and power for y'all because clearly that's the only one you trust to make a trip like this with you."

I nodded with no counter.

"I admire that," he admitted throwing another shot back.

"I'll see you in a week, lovely," he kissed the top of my head and left as soon as he came along with the three guys surrounding him.

I stuffed the bricks in my sweats and jetted back to the beach house.

"You better have a good motherfucking excuse to be outside while we're out of town." Her sexy ass was naked, arms crossed over her breasts as she pushed up against me once I reached the room. I couldn't argue back with her with a face like that and a voice that captivating.

Saying nothing I made sure the doors were locked to the bedroom and took the bricks from my pants throwing them on the bed.

"That's our future, Nik. I need you more than ever right now. I hit this lick and we set for life baby, travel whenever we want to wherever. Look...look at me, mama," I grabbed her face as her eyes blurred with tears.