- 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 -

𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨

__

I dreaded going back to school this year. I dont know why I agreed to go back. Something was pulling me back from staying at the manor this year. Even I didn't know what it was.

The train ride to Hogwarts was a nightmare. It didn't feel the same as all the other years. Over the summer break, I hadn't reached out to any of my friends. I got around ten letters from each of them. Except for Isabell. She had only sent three the whole break. I hadn't answered any of the letters. It somehow bothered me that she only sent me three.

I walked into the already full hall, heads turning towards me as I walked to the Slytherin table. I sat down on the right of Mattheo, across from Isabell. She glanced at me but looked away shortly after. I saw that she had noticed the dry blood on my hand, so I quickly hid it under the table. I couldn't talk to her. Not now. Not on the train. She would hate me if she knew the truth. It was best if I just shut her out. Maybe she will eventually hate me. I rested my chin on my hand as everyone faced towards the front where Dumbledore was standing. He made the same announcement every year, so I just tuned him out. Thoughts were running through my head rapidly. I had had the worst break. I made a promise that I don't know I could ever fulfil. There was no way I could get around it in the end. 

My thoughts all paused as there was sudden movement in front of me. I lifted my focus towards Isabell who had gotten up. My gaze followed her as she walked out of the hall. I turned to Mattheo with a confused look. He shrugged his shoulders and turned his focus to something else. I wanted to go after her. After all, she was the one who actually tried to get me to open up. In reality, that is. Not on a stupid letter. But I couldn't. I couldn't follow her. I couldn't do that to her. So instead I just stayed where I was.

As the feast begun, I didn't move. Not an inch. Everyone around me had already filled their plates. I didn't have an appetite. 

"You're not eating?" Mattheo nudged me. I shook my head. He dropped his fork and turned his body towards me. "Drop it, Riddle." I turned my head away. He slapped my shoulder and it flinched. "You know i'm not the type to listen about peoples issues. But you're my best friend and I am worried." That was true. You could never talk about personal issues with him. He would either find it boring or he just wouldn't know what to say. Trust me, it gets awkward. 

"I said I was fine. Just drop it." I said sternly. He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Fine, I wont ask again."