1

"So, you want a job in Mental West Grove as the assistant of a nurse?" The lady read over the job application, I nodded my head.

"And you say that you just want to take care of your distant cousin as a reason?" She raise her eyebrows at me.

I nod my head again, feeling determined to get the job.

The lady rubs the side of her face, "look, let's cut the crap and straight to the point. You're probably here for the "hot" killers and willing to act like 'oh, it's my job to help everyone or make everything a positive experience in this depressing building' bullshits.'"

I stay quiet and sigh, "I'm not here for those serial killers, I'm here to help my distant cousin and how he's doing in this place."

The lady rolls her eyes, "yeah, yeah. Be sure not to take those words back when you realize know what you're dealing with."

She then put the application form in the drawer and shut it with force, "look, I'm gonna be honest with you. This job deals with unstable people and we can't have someone simping or just being careless of this situation to the point they'll get accidentally killed or injured by the patients."

"I know," I truthfully said, "that's why I'm here, not for them, but for my cousin."

There was a pause, or rather an awkward staring contest between us, almost as if she's trying to see any reason that can backfire me.

"Who's this cousin you're speaking of?" She ask.

I stare at her deep brown eyes before looking away, "Mason Miller, I'm sure you know him as the one who got caught with red smoke coming from his mouth or nose."

There's another pause coming from the woman, the curiosity got a hold of me that I look back at her. Her eyes slightly widen before shaking her head in disbelief.

"You've got to be kidding with me, him?"

"Yes, him."

"Well, how are you gonna help him? He barely care about anyone, let alone force him to talk to you or-" The lady ramble her mind away.

"Who says he barely care about anyone to the point he doesn't want to talk or socialize?" I caught her off, "he's part of the family, despite being a distant cousin of mine, doesn't mean he won't talk to me or any of the family members. I mean, I'm sure you guys don't have that information in, do you?"

The lady couldn't take her eyes off me, I knew that information is making her a double take and conflict are starting to rise of whether or not I should be let in and take the job. I do have the information about him, and they don't. Now, it's their choice to let go of this opportunity or keep it.

"Well, what do you think?" I cross my arms and lean back, "just let me take care of him, and you guys don't have to worry about a thing."

She stammered on her own words in a hurried tone, "I... uh... w-we'll take a moment to think about what you said then I'll tell you the further details."

I simply said an ok to her before watching her scramble to get a paper out from one of her drawers. She glance at me and says that the interview is over, in which I nod and exits the building.

Once I get to my car, I slump down and rest for a bit. Hopefully, they'll let me in for the job...