Chapter 4: The Crowned Castle

They all trudged up the hill, breathing heavily, the sun being covered by a blanket of clouds. As they reached the crown of the prominently high ground, Barry erupted awake, his cherry-red night hat propped to one side of his head covering the thistle-pointed ear. Finally, the colossal gleaming entrance came into view, enlightening the considerably large field and a shimmering lake that was placed before it. Anemones, Water Lilies, and Sea Buckthorn were scattered everywhere, each of them in vibrant eye-catching colours. Between this field, a crystal clear blue lake ran around the castle, smoothly flowing calmly. "How is there a lake underwater, how does that work?" said Waylan tilting his head to one side, "magic" Barry answered in a drawling voice. "Let me down so I can knock, '' announced Barney, shaking out of Waylan's arms. "Knock I want, '' Barry said, crossing his arms. "Wait, hold on a second, I think we, us humans, should get to knock '' said Waylan pointing to himself, Nate, and Annalise. "Ya, I think we should get to vote '' Nate agreed to nod, "OK sure," Barney said shrugging. "I'm going to knock" "No I am" bickered Waylan and Nate. "Like us they are '' Barry muttered to Barney, "yup". While Waylan and Nate spent the whole time standing outside the gate bickering, Annalise stepped forward, drew her fist back, and knocked. Three long nocks echoed around, silencing all of them. ''Of course, she gets to knock '' said Waylan rolling his eyes, "well it's more than you did" retorted Annalise, "guys stop and look '' Nate said, staring hypnotised at a figure moving towards them.

A tall figure, wearing a grey hood and holding a long metal sphere with a seashell placed on the tip of it. On the other end of it, a razor-sharp spear was pointing downwards ready to be stabbed into unnoticing ground. The figure unhooded themself revealing a man with a head of blood-red hair which was cut short. "Who are you?" he said in a deep growling voice. "Um it's Barney and Barry and we have, um," said Barney thinking hard, "We are prisoners and they have brought us to see the queen" interrupted Annalise, saving them from being uncovered. The guard stood and stared at each and every one of them for a while, until finally saying "Follow me". They all followed him in a single file line, through the gate and down the long stone corridor where they met another guard. "Prisoners" he muttered to the other guard in his husky voice. They continued down, winding through the halls. Paintings of different people papered the cold stone walls. They all walked for at least 10 minutes until finally reaching a large round room, which had a huge gold throne with red lining, and before it was a line of about 8 chairs. Sat on the throne was a woman who was perched grandly upon the cushions. "Sit, small ones," said the lady with a mousy brown knotted bun on the top of her head and a sapphire-encrusted crown which was settled on the top of her head. They all sat in the leather chairs and waited awkwardly. "My Queen, I have brought them here to save Salt Sea Plantae," said Barney bowing down to the Queen. "How can these midget humans have help and who said we need saving" said the Queen judgingly. "Midgets," Waylan said offended, "If I may say" Barney shouted over Waylan to drown him out, "I have found out that we are being attacked by the Evil Fairy colony, and these humans can find Evil Fairy- " "We do not speak of the name" cut in the Queen. "We are under attack by her and these common humans are here to help us because they won't be afraid of her because they don't know what she can do; yet" Barney finished, bowing, "So Queen Antinea Abyssal," Barney pleaded. "They have 12 hours to prove to me that we are under attack and if they can't, well the dungeons will be their new home," Queen Abyssal said smirking. "12 hours! Can we at least get 64?" Said Nate "55 hours, and that is starting now!" she bellowed, "now get out of those chairs and prove it to me!" Nate, Annalise, and Waylan all jumped out of those uncomfortable chairs and spirited out of the room to the nearest doorway.

"Who said we were going to prove you are being attacked!" shouted Waylan towards Barney. "Why don't you speak of the Evil fairy name?" Annalise wondered, "How are we supposed to prove that!" Waylan continued. "Why don't you speak of the evil fairy's name?" Annalise repeated. Waylan continued to shout at Barry until, "Look, why don't have a choice, we might as well start now in the castle while we're here" Annalise said annoyed, "Barney why don't you speak of the evil fairy's name?", "Oh, because there's supposed to be a curse set on it, whoever says it she will find and capture you," Barney said shivering. "What's the name?" Nate said curiously, "Speak no of the name" Barry urged. "Her name is Solstice, isn't it," Annlise said looking at Barney, "Shhhhh don't say the name," Barney said looking around, scared. "How did you know?" Waylan said amazed. "Because there is a poster on that wall which says beware of the Evil Fairy Solstice," Annalise said pointing towards a green and blue poster, which had light flickering over it. "Smart" Nate said, "why are all the posters green and blue?". "Oh, oh, I know this!" Waylan said jumping up and down like a frog. "It's instead of black and white isn't it", "Correct" Barry replied to him, nodding. "Okay, we don't have much time, let's split up and explore this castle to find out more," Annalise said taking charge. "Waylan, you can't be trusted alone, so you take Barry, whereas Nate you can so you can go alone, I will take Barney and he will tell me about the guards," Annalise said confidently. "I think we should get to vote on who's in charge of this quest," Waylan said butting in, "Everyone who votes for me, raise a hand," he said proudly. No one raised their hands. "Everyone who votes for Annalise," Barney said "Raise a hand", they all raised a hand, apart from Waylan. "Well that settles it," Nate said, they started to walk apart from each other down separate corridors until "What if we get caught?" Waylan said, "Just don't get caught then," Annalise said not turning back. "Like that's much help" Waylan muttered to Barry. "Barry likes Annalise, Annalise is smart," Barry said to Waylan, who was rolling his eyes.