Chapter 8 - The Time-lapsed Heal

Annalise was carried by Waylan, Barry, and Barney following in his wake. He gently laid her down on the lawn and they all sat down themselves. After a moment or two Annalise's eyes quickly opened widely, and she stared around. "I did it again, didn't I?" Annalise said to Waylan and Nate who were sitting down cross-legged next to her. "Ya" Waylon and Nate said together in unison with the twins nodding beside them. Annalise tried to slowly sit up but Nate pushed her down again and Barry said, "Worse from sitting," he said wisely. "Where's Nathalia?" Waylan said, looking around curiously, "Who's that?" Annalise asked, ignoring her Nate answered "I don't know". They continued to talk, waiting, they didn't even know what to happen. After half an hour a shout from the other side of the lawn came and Nathalia ran up to them panting, holding her arm in her other hand.

Wrapped tightly around her arm was a rock-hard, gold, plaster cast. Waylan and Nate sat staring at the cast, "How-" Nate started, but Nathalia cut him off saying "When we jumped out of the window". Annalise looked from Nate to Waylan to the unfamiliar girl to the twins saying "What do you mean jump out of the window?", "You must Annalise the girl we were saving," Nathalia said, holding out her non-injured arm. Annalise stared at her judgingly from the ground but be that as it may she still shook her hand. Nathalia sat down with them and said "So what's the plan of action". When none of them said anything Nathalia said "First we need to get your head fixed", and Nathalia ran off soon returning holding a big gleaming white plastic box in her arms. "What's that for?" Nate asked, "It's the box to perform healing magic," Nathalia said while opening the box before them. "Turn around" she instructed Annalise while she pulled out a pot, a mortar and pestle, an assortment of herbs, and different liquid substances. She put the herbs into the mortar and began to crush them aggressively. The rest just sat there and watched intrigued by what she was going to do next. After the herbs had been crushed into a fine powder she poured a bubbling neon blue substance in first which sizzled the herbs and after that had calmed she put in 3 drops of a fluorescent orange liquid. Finally, she mixed them together and asked Nate Barry who was sitting next to her to help pour the mixture into her palm. "I think I should do it," Barney said, shoving Barry out of the way "I am generally less clumsy". "Clumsy am not I," Barry said, outraged, so Nathalia compromised for them by handing them both the bowl so together they could carefully and cautiously pour it into her hand. After that happened she placed her wet hand onto the place of Annalise's head where the cut burned bright scarlet. Annalise flinched as Nathalia's hand made contact with her head, but she seemed to relax after a second. "Does that feel better?" Nathalia asked soothingly. Annalise nodded and Waylan and Nate got up to walk around next to Nathalia they couldn't believe it, because before their eyes the cut was closing. T looked like a time-lapse recovery as the skin stitched itself back together and the blood was being drained and washed away. When the cut had fully closed Nathalia pulled her hand away and shook it like a wet dog over the freshly cut grass. "Is there anything I need to be careful of?" Annalise said, "Just don't fall and split your head open again," Nathlia said smiling, "Thanks".  "Why couldn't they do that to your arm?" Waylan asked curiously. "They did but like any other humans it is bone that was injured so it has to be held in place to heal properly" she replied.