Kabanata 10

Melissa is good at explaining nakikita sa mga mukha ng nakikinig na sumasang ayon naman sila. May ibang nagtatanong at nasasagot naman niya, paminsan-minsan ay sumasagot din ang ilan sa aming team.

When it is my turn to take over, I feel really nervous, lalo na at lahat ng mga mata ay nakatutok sa akin.

Kuya nodded at me and mouthed. "You can do it."

Napabaling ako kay Anton na diretso ang tingin sa akin kaya lalo akong kinabahan. Umiwas ako ng tingin sa kanya baka sakali na mababawasan ang kaba ko.

I take a deep breath.

I can do this. I need to do this.

At my first words, I am stuttering hard. Halatang halata sa boses ko na kabado ako.

Kuya Aston mouthing. "Take a deep breath."

Huminga muli ako ng malalim bago ng patuloy, and it works. Medyo nalessen na ang pagka utal ko kaya nagpatuloy lg ako sa pagsasalita. I didn't mind the presence of high people inside here.

After an hour of explaining, then I'm done. But not literally done because they will throw me questions now.

"Isn't this design too expensive for our clients?" Mr. Agudilla

of our investors.

"Ah, no, Mr. Agudilla. Since our target clients are for middle classes. This design is much more compatible for them. It may seem expensive, but no, it is lesser than the design for five-star hotels. It's just that the materials used look expensive. But rest assured that every bit of this building is safe and sound. Also, this design make them feel that they are not different from other people higher to them. That is the trademark of this company. To feel that they are belong and not different from other people aheads us."

He nods repeatedly on what I said.

"But how about this five-star hotel? What's the difference between the two? They seem to be the same." Mr. Lloyd asked one of the major stockholders.

"Yeah. I know that it seems the same with each other, but of course, they are not. We all know that the higher classes are fond of expensive things, so we added here some things na wala sa kabila, like the bed. It is quite wider and bigger than the other one with a couch and double closet. Also, we added their personal bathtub inside the bathroom. We want to feel them comfortable while staying in our hotel, that's why we also want the pool in front of the building. As you can see earlier, there is a counter bar beside the pool and longing chairs."

"Bakit walang counter bar sa pang middle class?"

"Ah,yeah. Dahil hindi naman tulad dito sa upper class mas malapit lang ang pagitan ng hotel at ng pool nito. But of course kompleto din naman lahat ng kakailanganin ng ating mga costumer when in comes to foods or drink sa ating restaurant sa loob ng hotel. While the upper class distance is quite long because of the parking space, but, we can offer them a ride to bring them to the pool."

"Hmm. Quiet impressive, Andi."

"Thanks to my team, Mr. Agudilla."

Sumulyap ako sa team ko at kumindat. They give me a thumbs up and cheer me without noise.

"What do you think, Anton? You're good at this field. What can you say about that?"

Nahigit ko ang hininga ko dahil sa sinabi na iyon ni Mr. Agudilla.

I look at Anton. His arm is crossed to his chest.

"I don't meddle with architecture, but I find this proposal good. It can encourage more clients for us. Thanks to Ms. Andi and her team."