King of Hearts

A/N: WARNING! OMWTY ending spoilers! I really wanted to write chapters like this after I finish the book, but when you feel like writing something, you just write something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ This is my Valentine's gift to you, and I hope you guys like it! Enjoy!

Cameron doesn't know much about Valentine's.

He knows you're supposed to ask your partner to be your Valentine, but he never found the appeal in doing that. It's a boundless feat of unnecessary. Why would anyone in a relationship need to do that when the answer is obvious?

"He's my boyfriend. Of course, he's going to be my Valentine," he said as he scrolled through a selection of bouquets on his phone. Nothing caught his eye so far, everything was garbage in comparison to who they were going to be for. He made a mental note of berating Cate for saying it's the best flower shop in town.

"When you say things like that, it makes me want to cry and throw things at you," Bryce told him.

They decided to stop by the nearest coffee shop after the supermarket to rest their legs, and somehow, Bryce managed to rope Cameron into the topic of Valentine's. The season was in the air after all – hearts cut from crepe paper hanging from the ceiling, cheesy taglines on the nameplates of every waiter that passed them – everything is so pink it's almost sickening, but for some reason, excitement still bubbled up inside Cameron. You won't catch him telling someone that out loud though.

He looked at Bryce, then back to his phone. "Did you ask Ian to be your Valentine?"

"Duh," Bryce said, looking too proud of himself. "I'm the King of Valentine's."

"Now I want to throw things at you," Cameron said, head tilting when he clicked on an Instagram ad for a flower shop called My Little Daisies. They have a nice selection, and the price isn't too bad either.

Bryce snatched his phone before he could press the message button.

"Hey!"

"What do you think Emery's gonna say if you don't up your game by even just a tiny bit?" he said. Cameron wasn't even listening. He might've finally found the perfect bouquet, so Bryce better prays that his clammy fingers didn't accidentally refresh his feed.

"Give me back my phone, Bryce."

"Flowers aren't enough, Cam. It's lazy. You gotta whisk him off his feet and declare your love for the man like you're in a Shakespeare play."

Cameron looked disturbed. "I feel like Ian's not being honest with you about what he likes."

"Oh he likes it," Bryce said with a smirk. "At least we're all doing something. Blake booked a flight to Aspen."

"What's so nice about that? Blake books flights to everything."

"It's his love language." The waiter arrived with their order a second later, along with some takeout Cameron got for Emery. Bryce immediately went for the éclair, stuffing his mouth with it as he asked, "What's yours?"

"I knew I should've asked Asher for this," Cameron replied, brushing a hand through his hair. Emery kept telling him last week that he was overdue for a visit to the barbershop, but he kept forgetting anyway.

Bryce slammed his hand on the table and stood up. "Okay, have fun disappointing your boyfriend."

"Alright! Alright, sorry," said Cameron, taking his jacket off, ignoring the girls staring at him from the other table. "Sit down."

Bryce clicked his tongue and grabbed his chair.

"Be glad you're paying."

"I'm not," Cameron said. "But you're right, I need help."