1943

Steve and Chava made their way to a movie theater and the latter asked, "You did tell Bucky to meet us, right?"

Steve nodded. "Yes, I told him. He's on his way."

They watched as a commercial about the war before the movie. Chava let out a sigh as she watched. The commercials about the war always made her nervous and though she didn't like admitting it, a little fearful that they would come for her. Steve glanced down at her and took her hand when he saw her expression, then looked back at the screen.

The commercial announcer said, "War continues to ravage Europe. But help is on the way. Every able-bodied young man is lining up to serve his country. Even little Timmy is doing his part collecting scrap metal. Nice work, Timmy!"

"Who cares?" a loud, jerky guy said. "Play the movie already!"

Steve replied quietly, "Hey, you wanna show some respect?"

"Steve, be quiet. Please," Chava said.

"Meanwhile, overseas, our brave boys are showing the Axis powers that the price freedom is never too high."

"Let's got! Get on with it! Hey, just start the cartoon!" the loud jerk cried.

"Hey buddy, you wanna shut up?!" Steve returned.

"Please don't do this," Chava begged.

The guy got up and looked at him.

The blonde slunk in her seat and let out a sigh. "Oh dear."

"Together with Allied forces, we'll face any threat, no matter the size."

The three were soon in an alley. Steve pushed Chava behind him and tried punching the guy, but kept getting knocked down. Chava winced as she watched him getting pummeled.

Chava went to hit the guy who said, "This isn't your fight, princess."

Her brow furrowed as she said, "As soon as you went after him, it became my fight. Why must men like you pick on the weaker man?"

Steve picked up the top to a trashcan and the guy said, "You two just don't know when to give up, do you?"

"I could do this all day," Steve challenged, balling his fists.

Chava frowned. "That's enough. Both of you."

The guy ignored her and hit her, causing her to stumble into the wall. Steve glanced to ask if she was okay and she nodded.

A young brunet man in uniform walked up to the fight and said, "Hey! Pick on someone your own size! Don't ever hit a lady!" He punched the attacker, then kicked the man as he ran away.

Bucky looked back at Steve. "Sometimes I think you like getting punched. Did you bring Chava into this or did she choose to fight?"

"I had him on the ropes," Steve replied. "She chose to defend me. Thank you, Chava."

She nodded, wincing as she held her wrist.

Bucky picked up Steve's enlistment form from the ground. "How many times is this?" He read from the enlistment form. "Oh, you're from Paramus now? You know it's illegal to lie on the enlistment form. And seriously, Jersey?"

Steve ignored Bucky's words and asked, "You get your orders?"

"The 107th. Sergeant James Barnes. Shipping out for England first thing tomorrow. "

"I should be going. Come on, Chava."

"Come on, man. My last night! Gotta get you cleaned up."

"Why? Where are we going?"

"The future." He handed Steve a newspaper. Steve opened the paper to see an ad for World Exposition Of Tomorrow, 1943.

Chava looked at the newspaper and smiled. "What a nice this will be."

---

Chava slipped on a blue dress and put on light makeup. She touched her wrist gently and winced, letting out a sigh.

A knock sounded on her front door and she opened it to see Steve on the other side, with a bouquet of red roses.

Steve smiled and asked nervously, "Um, did you want to go with me? You, um, you look beautiful."

Chava returned his smile. "Thank you, Steve. I'd love to go with you. Just let me get these in water."

Chava grabbed a vase and filled it with water, then cut the roses an inch down and put them in the vase.

She grabbed her bag and wrapped an arm around Steve's arm and the two left.