1: A Book for Me

The morning sun was rising over the horizon, casting its warm glow over the quiet land. The rising light slowly washed away the darkness of the night, filling the air with a peaceful peace and calming the world. The morning breeze brought with it the scent of freshly blooming flowers and a feeling of calm. 

Irene was sitting at her desk, reading a book that her mother had bought her when she was younger. She had just gotten out of a relationship. One that ruined her mentally, and physically, as a way to distract herself, she read. She had no idea how many time she did read, but she read a lot.

Irene sat at her desk, lost in her favorite book as the hours passed by. Despite the fact that she'd read it many times before, it still held her fascination, and she was oblivious to the world around her. She was in a sort of reverie, thinking back on her previous relationship and the ways it had left her damaged, yet she couldn't help feeling a sense of loss for something that had once helped distract her from her woes. As she read, she lost track of time and her surroundings, escaping into a world that seemed far better than her current reality.

The book was comforting, in a way it made her feel safe, she didn't understand why, or how. But all she knew was that it made her feel, happy? She didn't know. but she did know that this would pass, all the night spent crying, all the meaningless texts she'd sent him. 

Irene felt a deep sense of comfort as she read the familiar book. Not just a sense of happiness from escaping into another world, but a feeling of safety, as if there was nothing to worry about as long as she was surrounded by the comforting words on the pages. She had experienced so much pain and misery during her previous relationship, yet here she was, finding solace in a book that had once brought her joy and peace. It was as if the book had a protective aura around it, shielding her from the stresses of her life.

This sense of comfort brought her a sense of happiness, something she had lacked for so long. She still had lingering feelings of sadness and pain, but the book seemed to dull their effects. She forgot about the nights spent crying and the meaningless texts she sent him. As she continued reading, she felt the sense of safety wash over her, numbing her pain, and allowing her to forget, just for a moment, the dark times she had endured.

The book gave her feelings of nostalgia. One that she'd like to live again, she wanted to go back in time, take away all the pain she place upon herself, she wished she hadn't spent all her night crying, all of her days texting him, all of her afternoons drinking, she wanted to take it all back and start over. But she couldn't. she had already done it and there was nothing she could do to take it back.

But she couldn't. She had already lived those moments and there was nothing she could do to take them back. All she could do was move forward, learning from her mistakes, and trying to make her future better, she wasn't sure, but she was hopeful.

----------------------