NEW LIFE

Author's note: This novel is the third part of my multiple novel series 'Lost in Love'. To properly understand the characters, I would request you to read the first two parts before this. But if don't want to, it can be read as a standalone novel.

______________________________________

Angelina Wilmanson, a 26 year old upcoming singer, lives in New York with her mother. She has spent her 4 years of her life in jail. She thinks her life was completely divided into two parts : one before she went to jail and the other one started after her release.

In her pre jail life, she married twice. First to a police officer, Charlie Woods, who was now the police commissioner. Her marriage with Charlie lasted one year.

After her first divorce, she married the business prodigy, Edward Payne. Her marriage with Edward ended abruptly within few months.

Last time, she saw Charlie was when he arrested her. Angelina's own mother had betrayed her and got her arrested. She never saw Charlie again.

Her relationship with Edward was better. He came to meet her in jail multiple times. He also helped her after her release from jail. Edward introduced Angelina to a big music producer. The music producer was impressed with Angelina and gave her few opportunities. She usually performes as an opener in other big artists' concerts and tours. She is planning to release her first album soon. Her new single was not much successful. Edward, also introduced Angelina to a very smart girl searching for job, Emma Jones, who is now Angelina's manager and best friend.

Emma was quite fascinated when she found out Angelina was once the wife of the police commissioner, Charlie Woods and the business tycoon, Edward Payne. Emma showed special interest in Charlie and always asks Angelina about him and his life.

Charlie Woods was made the police commissioner after the previous commissioner was arrested on corruption charges. Some people say, Charlie himself provided evidences of corruption to the investigating officers. He married her neighbor, Bella after his divorce with Angelina. But her marital life was wrecked. Charlie and Bella hate each other but are still holding on to the marriage. Charlie spends most of his time in police station as he hates going home.

Edward is still single. He comes frequently to meet Angelina. He still tries to persuade Angelina to marry him again. But Angelina refuses again and again. Angelina still loved Charlie and can't move on from him. So, she felt it was better to stay single for rest of her life.

She used to live in a rented flat in New Jersey for a year. Later, she bought a small apartment on mortgage with Edward's help. Edward can easily buy the apartment but Angelina insisted she wanted to buy her house with her own money.

She lived alone in her apartment until last month, when her mom moved in with her. Her mom, July Bloom, had used her daughter for her own benefit and even got her arrested. July and her partner Carl Jonathan, a businessman used to live in a bungalow in Florida. They were equal partner in Carl's buisness. But when Carl's company went bankrupt, he asked July for help. Carl asked July to sell all her property, so that they can again start a new business. So, July transfered all her property to Carl's name. Carl had promised that he will sell it to a buyer but he betrayed July. He himself kept the property and threw July out of his home. July had nowhere to go and used to sleep in parks. Until, one day, she saw Angelina coming out of a recording studio. July asked Angelina for forgiveness. Angelina understood the importance of forgiving, it can sometimes even save lives. She took her mom with her. July started working as a receptionist in an hospital.

Edward earlier used to warned Angelina against July. But later, he himself grew fond of Angelina's mother.

Angelina's childhood friend, Selena sometimes visits her too. Selena's husband, Patrick, was also a police officer and Charlie's friend. Selena and Patrick were Charlie and Bella neighbors too.

Edward, although hated Charlie after he arrested Angelina, but later they grew close and became good friends. Edward frequently visits Charlie's home. Edward and Charlie's wife, Bella became good friends too. Were they only friends, it was a matter of doubt?
______________________________________

One night, Angelina just returned home after performing in a small concert. July was already home and was making dinner. "How was your day, mom?" Angelina asked.

"It was fine. What about you?" July asked. "It was fun, I performed my single and few people knew the lyrics. I was so happy to see people singing along." Angelina replied.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Angelina opened it. It was Edward and Emma.

"Hi! Edward, please come in. Emma, you too." Angelina welcomed them both. "You here so late, is everything fine?" Angelina asked Edward.

"Emma, will you please tell her." Edward said to Emma and Emma nodded her head.

"So mam, I was coming to meet you and tell you about your upcoming schedule. I was waiting at the bus stop when I met Mr. Edward. He offered me a lift." Emma was explaining in detail.

"Come to the point, dear" Edward said a little irritated.

"So, Edward sir wanted to give police commissioner, Charlie Woods a visit before coming here. So, I agreed to accompany him to Charlie's house.
But when we reached his house, nothing was good. This man, Charlie was standing in his garden and shouting at his wife, who was inside the house. His wife was throwing utensils at him, through the window." Emma told Angelina.

"What happened? Edward did you asked him?" Angelina looked a little tensed. Even though, she could not forget the hate in Charlie's eyes, when he was arresting her, she still cared for him. She still loved him.

"He was saying 'give me divorce or I will commit suicide'. "Emma said.

"He is really depressed from last few months." Edward interrupted. "He is having suicidal thoughts. I asked Patrick too, he also said that Charlie's behavior from past few months was weird. He just locks himself inside his cabin and doesn't talk to anyone. He has kind of separated himself from everyone. He has stopped meeting Patrick too. He just keeps on working beyond the working hours. He is not even sleeping or eating properly. I am really worried for him." Edward sounded a bit low.

"But he still meets you, isn't it, Edward?" Angelina asked.
"Yes, cause I am the only person who can talk about you to him. He keeps me asking about you. I think he misses you too much." Edward replied

"If he misses me, then why didn't he ever came to meet me in the jail or even after I was out of jail? If he cared for me so much, then why he agreed to become a witness against me? I can never forgive him. He broke my trust." Angelina said trying to control her tears.

"Well, Angelina, I understand you. I also can never forgive him for what he did to you. But, it's a matter of life or death. I think you should meet him, atleast once." Edward said politely.

"No! Angelina, don't put yourself in trouble." July said.
"Mom, it's sounds quite ironic from your mouth." Angelina said with a giggle.

"Well, he needs a therapist, not me." Angelina said while looking at Edward. "Do you know any good psychologist?" Angelina asked.

"Mam, sorry to interrupt. But I know a perfect person who can help Mr. Charlie."Emma said. "Who?" Angelina said in an irritated tone.

"My friend, Ryan Rodriguez, he is a trained psychologist. He has given therapy to some high profile clients and most of his clients have a favorable view of him." Emma told Angelina. "Maybe you can talk to some of his clients, to know their experience?" Emma added.

"No! It's okay Emma. You know I trust you and if you say, Ryan is good for Charlie, then we are hiring him. When can I meet him?" Angelina said in a pleasant voice.

"Tomorrow. I will call him now and fix a meeting." Emma said with a smile on her face.

"Great! Edward, would you like to have dinner. Mom's making it." Angelina said.

Sure! Edward sounded quite cheerful.
______________________________________

Angelina was lying on her bed in her dark room. Tears pouring out of her eyes. She can't stop thinking about Charlie. "Charlie wants to die." Angelina can act hard in front of the world and say she doesn't care about Charlie but in her loneliness, she knows she will not be able to live, if anything happens to him.
"You saved me many times, Charlie and this time I will save you."