NEW REGRETS

Charlie quickly ran back upstairs. He felt as if he was going to faint.

'I am a disgusting person. How can I be so selfish. I should have not told Angelina about all this. I should stop playing the victim. It's my selfishness, that I want Angelina to keep on waiting for me, her whole life. It's my selfishness that I want everything and everyone to act like as I please. My selfishness is the reason for the sadness of multiple people.

It was my selfishness that took my mother's life.' Charlie's thoughts were running wild. He knew what he should do.
______________________________________

Charlie couldn't sleep the whole night. He got up from his bed at 5 a.m. He went to check the guest room, Angelina and Ryan were still sleeping.
He went downstairs, took out the vacuum from the cupboard and started to clean the house.

Angelina woke up at 8 a.m. She slept on the bed while Ryan was still sleeping on the couch. She was feeling really guilty for kissing Ryan. She was really overwhelmed at that time and wasn't able to stop herself. She never saw Ryan as someone more than friend.

When Angelina went downstairs, Charlie was already making breakfast after taking shower. He was looking cheerful and energetic. Quite contrast, with the last night.

She didn't interrupted Charlie and rather went upstairs again. Ryan was awake again now. She had already told everything that happened in Charlie's room to Ryan, last night. But sudden change in Charlie's behavior made her a little worried.

"I think he is happy to see you again." Ryan told her.
"I also wanted to ask you one thing, do you think Edward and Bella are having an affair?" Angelina asked Ryan.

"Not at all. If you have observed Edward's behavior, you must have seen he is really kind hearted. He cares for everyone. Maybe he feels bad for Bella and trying to cheer her up. I think they are just friends.

No one is going to believe you, if you tell them that you and Edward are just friends. He cares for you so much.
So stop overthinking, it's just Edward's nature. He is not betraying Charlie. I also think Charlie is having some psychological disorder due to which he is suspicious of everyone. It's quite common in police officers." Ryan assured Angelina.

Angelina felt better after Ryan's assurance. Maybe Charlie is just imagining things, she thought.
"I think I should call Edward, where is he now?" Angelina said and picked up her phone to call Edward.

"Hi! Edward. Where are you?" Angelina asked Edward on phone.

"Angelina, actually I and Bella are going to Texas." Edward replied.

"Why?" Angelina sounded surprised.

"Actually Bella's childhood friend is in hospital in a really critical condition. Bella got a call, last night, when we going to the restaurant. She was really upset and wanted to go to Texas as soon as possible. So, I decided to go with her."Edward explained.

"Ohh! You're so kind Edward. But did you or Bella informed Charlie?" asked Angelina.

"Ohh! As if he cares." Edward replied. "Tell him we will back in few days."

"Okay" Angelina replied and hanged the call.

"Ryan, you're right. Edward is just trying to help Bella and Charlie has misunderstood." Angelina told Ryan with a smile.
______________________________________

Ryan and Angelina got ready and went downstairs to meet Charlie. The house was looking cleaner and well organized. Charlie has already prepared the breakfast.

During breakfast Charlie asked "Will you two stay here with me for some days?"

"That's what I was going to suggest." Angelina told Charlie.