NEW CONFUSIONS

It's new year's eve. Angelina just arrived home from her concert. Ryan called her and said he has a surprise for her and he would be waiting at her home.

Only two weeks have passed, since they came back from Charlie's home. But her relation with Ryan has completely changed. He is the only person, with whom she can share anything. Ryan knows everything about her life and understands her well. They have become very close friend. Her manager, Emma, is also very happy to see her growing close to Ryan. Her, Ryan and Emma have formed an unbreakable trio. Edward is also very close to Angelina. They sometimes go out together. But they don't talk about Charlie or Bella at all. Mostly, their conversations are work related. Apart from work, Edward still keeps on asking Angelina to marry him. Angelina has changed her mind too.

Earlier she wanted to remain single. But now she wants to move on in life.

She rings the door bell. The door opens. She moves in. The house is pitch black. She couldn't see anything.

"Ryan! Why the lights are off?" Angelina asks.

She has just stopped when the lights turned on. In front of her, two men on their knees. Both have a box in their hands, showing a beautiful ring.

It was Edward and Ryan. Ryan with a diamond ring and Edward with a emerald ring.

"Ohh! It was quite a surprise!" Angelina was really flustered.

"Well! I know, our relation is still new but I thought today was the perfect day to propose you. Tomorrow with new year, your new life will start." Ryan said. "Will you marry me? I mean we can take our time and marry only when you are comfortable." Ryan added with a smile.

"Well, now let me present my case. So, as you know, I keep on asking you to marry me, but I never proposed you as I respected your decision to stay single. But since now, you have changed your mind, I decided to take a risk." Edward said in his charming voice. "Will you marry me, Angelina?"

"This is really difficult. I need some time to think. But I hope we will stay friends and there will be no hard feelings with the person whom I reject." Angelina was turning red. Her ears felt so warm. First time someone was proposing her. But she felt weird that she had to choose one of them, when both of them were so special to her.

"It's okay, take your time. I think I should leave now. I have to join a party." Ryan said and stood up. "But I think you should keep this ring. Even if you reject me, this ring can act as a souvenir given by a friend." Ryan said and gave the ring to Angelina.

"I have to leave, too. And take my ring too, Angelina." Edward said and he also gave his ring to Angelina.

"Bye" Angelina said as Ryan and Edward left.

She has just closed the door, when the  doorbell rings again.
"Hi! Mom. How was your day?" Angelina asked her mom, July, who was standing at the other side of the door. "Oh! Emma, hi!"

"Hi! Honey, it was good. I did a lot of shopping. I met Emma at the mall and asked her to come with me." July said.

"But, Angelina, are you fine. You have turned red? Are you having a fever or something?" Emma asked.

Angelina didn't say anything, rather showed the two rings, she was holding in her hand.

"Omg! Did someone proposed you?" Emma asked curiously.

"Not one, but two proposals" Angelina said, smiling.

"Let me guess, Ryan and Edward" July said.

"Yes, mom. But I am really confused." Angelina said.

"Ryan is the perfect guy for you." Emma said.

"No, Edward is better." July interrupted.

"By the way, Happy New Year." Angelina said looking at her wrist watch.

"Happy new year to you too."They replied back in a chorus.
______________________________________

Angelina was lying on her bed. It was 1 a.m. but she couldn't sleep. Three rings lying in front of her. Given by Ryan, Edward and Charlie. Whom to choose?

Ryan, the charming young guy, who is really good in his work and going to be a big name in his field. He loves fun. He has a great sense of humor. He understands me better than Edward and talking to him always makes me feel better. But he lacks the sincerity Edward has.

Edward, the rich guy can buy me all material things in the world. He is one of the most caring person. He is really romantic too. But he slapped me once, he's quite emotional too. He saved me multiple times. He is a heartbroken person, who deserves love. Edward has a intricate heart and deep thoughts. Ryan seems more superficial. Edward has maturity while Ryan has the youth.

Both have some good and bad points. If she chooses Ryan, Edward will be heartbroken but he would still support her. But if she chooses Edward, Ryan may not remain so friendly.

Maybe I should choose Ryan, but Edward is already heartbroken and I can't break him more. But I can't loose Ryan, when only he can understand me properly.

"Ohh! God, my head is spinning." Angelina was feeling really frustrated. Her eyes fell on Charlie's ring. Angelina had bought the ring herself, for Charlie. It was nothing like the expensive rings given by Ryan or Edward but its worth was more for her.

Charlie used to understand her so well. He had a boyish charm in him along with a man's maturity. He loved fun but had the discipline and manners of a gentleman too. He had a good sense of humor but was equally sincere too. I used him, defamed him, put him in danger but he never tried to hurt me. He always loved me and respected me. He wanted me to achieve all my goals and at the same time wanted to give me everything he could give.

NO, he is not an option! Angelina sighed.

"I have decided to spend night here only." Emma said while barging into Angelina's room. Angelina flinched a little due to this interruption. July followed Emma.

"Emma will sleep in your room, is it okay, honey." July said but her eyes fell on the three rings lying in front of Angelina. "You're still thinking about it." July said with a smile.

"Who gave you the third ring?" Emma asked.

"Umm, Charlie." Angelina said in a guilty tone.

Both July and Emma gave Angelina a look of contempt.

Emma took Charlie's ring from the bed, opened a drawer on the bedside table, threw the ring into in and closed the drawer. "He's not your option. You hate him." Emma said.

"That insane guy wants to trap you again. Forget about him." July said angrily. "If Ryan and Edward found out about this, they will be really angry." Emma added.

"I don't care about their opinions and neither yours." Angelina snapped back.

"Darling, try to understand. It's for your better only. You will get nothing from dwelling on that insane guy. He married another girl, the second you divorced him. He never loved you, but only wanted to enjoy and use your body. When the fun was over, he started dripping his saliva for another girl." July said in a polite tone.

"Mom, are you out of your mind?" Angelina said, she was hurt.

"I don't want any further conversation on this topic." July replied.

"Remember, Angelina, it's either Ryan or Edward. The early you choose, the better it would be for our plan." Emma said.

"What plan?" Angelina was confused.

Emma realized her mistake. July gave her a scornful look. "Ohh! Nothing, Honey. You better sleep. I think Emma should rather sleep in my room." July interrupted.

July quickly moved out of Angelina's room. Emma followed.

'A plan?' Angelina thought. 'A plan in which, Emma, mom, Edward, Ryan are involved. Is there someone else in this plan too? Bella.' Angelina face turned white. She knew something was wrong. There is something really dangerous going behind her back.