Snowflake

Took her years to overcome the trauma, lucky to have had the time to lick her wounds and heal. People no longer appeared as scars, their insecurities became their own and not the only focus of her vision. Mostly why she had to call up her old friends, the two most trustworthy guys in her life, for a meeting. She'll get to see their faces again, or perhaps for the first time really.

Crunches in the snow behind her signaled the anticipated arrival. Her frozen pink nose was a testament of the time she's waited.

"Why the roof of all places?" William spoke with the kindest tone. "The school has so many perfectly warm and cozy classrooms you know."

His personality didn't even change one bit, same old Will. However her eyes locked in on their target. Striking blue eyes, dark mid-long hair, adorable nose, and one lonely dimple on his right cheek.  He resembled nothing of the distinguished gentleman she pictured when she thought of him. The memories getting updated with his image as opposed to the scars he carried was a little overwhelming for her and she just dove in for the tightest hug her tiny body could muster.

"Smart, share body heat to keep warm." He made a snarky remark before hugging her back. When he noticed she's not letting go he added. "Missed you too D."

After a while, her excitement was rekindled, or even doubled, when a second set of footstep crunches was heard. She's finally about to see Kat. The one that understood her better than she did herself. He was a pillar to lean on and a shoulder to cry on. She's always imagined him as this knight that saved her from herself.

"Hellooo.." okay maybe a shy knight, but she didn't judge him by his blurry scars, the ones she used to see anyway.

"I'm willing to bet you remember Katie." William's words came like punch to the face. "We totally ended up dating."

"Katie..." she calmly said, while inside a war was waging on.

KAT IS A GIRL????

The two friends didn't notice her full on panic as Kat was smacking Will for his false allegation.

She's always had a crush on Kat, he... she was there in the most crucial moments, could relate to her feminine struggles more than anyone, and always made it seem like everything's okay. And now her crush feels even more validated, Kat is drop-dead gorgeous. Rocking a full white outfit that made the snow around them jealous. Her silky brown hair tucked into her jacket, some strands escaping to  shield her glistening shy hazel eyes. A tiny pink nose matching her own in the cold, and a smile carrying the weight of the world.

"I'll let you two catch up while I grab my gloves." Will waved as he headed to the sole roof access. "My hugging hands are gonna fall off."

And catching up they did, talking for what felt like hours, or perhaps fleeting moments too short to count. Unnoticed, their chat has lead them to the edge.

"You know if I were to fall..." Katie spoke as a bare whisper. "They can only tell by a small dent in the snow."

In mere seconds she remembered her own trauma, her own scars. She closed her eyes and recited Kat's own words to her. "The fact they're scars and not wounds, shows just how much you've grown." With her eyes still closed, she felt footsteps leave the edge, and she waited for a thud that never came.

"You coming? I think will found the space heaters."

**

The first of many inspired by dreams. Some of it at least...

This is fun for me.