The Kindergarten Rebellion

Ever since I can remember I've been different. And when I say different, I mean I'm not the usual Oaks Hill prepster that infests my town. I'm sure outside of my suffocating Connecticut town there are people way more interesting than me. It's just I've never been one to conform to the perfect doll house life style everyone else here in Oaks Hill seems to be obsessed with. 

If I'm being honest, I can be quite problematic. I remember when I was just in kindergarten and Mrs. Lee told my class that she would splitting up our reading groups up by gender. Now, being that my only best friend at the time (and still to this day) was one Andrew Hood, I just couldn't let this be. Being my liberal 6 year old self I decided that I had to end this sexist injustice. I jumped out of my seat, stood on my table, and gave the best little kid rally speech I could birth.

Unfortunately, Mrs. Lee wasn't having it and told me to get in my segregated reading group. Thankfully I had moved half the class by my inspiring words. They stood up on the table with me, our rebellious six year old chests puffed out in resistance. When the teacher came to get us off the table, that's when shit hit the fan. In a moment of brilliance I ran over to the painting section of the class room and gathered as much ammo as I could. The others followed me and helped me get whatever makeshift weapons were available. Once done we flipped our table on the side for a cover. Soon paint and play food was flying across the classroom as Mrs. Lee and the teacher's pets of the class tried to stop us. It was an all out elementary school war. The infamous kindergarten rebellion had been born.

Sadly, Mrs. Lee managed to get a hold of the principle. Ten minutes later I was found in the principle's office covered in paint and who knows what else. I like to consider that incident the start to a fabulous school career. I can tell you how many floor tiles are in the principles office of Sunnyday Elementary, Oaks Hill Middle, and Oaks Hill High.

But that's  not what this story is about. This story is about one fateful day in good ol' Oaks Hill High School of my junior year. This day the the beginning of how I, Hasley Brookes, took the world.