Chapter 4

A few days had passed since Johnny and I danced together. Johnny was at work, so I stayed at home. Since I was feeling unsure about some things, Sandy kept an eye on me. At one point, she came up to me.

"How are you and Johnny doing?" she asked me.

"oh! were great!" I said happily. "we did this thing called dancing!" 

"That's great.' she said while smiling. "have you two had a date yet?"

"a date?" I asked. "and what's that?"

"Well, a date is when two people go out and do something special together," she explained.

"special?" I asked.

"mhm," she said.

I started thinking about what would be special. I began to get worried trying to think about this.

"Would you like me to tell him about you wanting to have a date with him?" she asked.

I just nodded a bunch.

"Alright I will tell him when he comes back," she said. "why don't you watch some TV so you can relax a bit."

"Oh, alright," I said. 

I walked to the TV turned it on then sat in front of it. I just flipped through the TV channels until I found a show that I was told was a cartoon then I got hooked and just watched pretty much spacing out and not paying attention to anything else. Suddenly someone picked me up which made me a tiny scream since it caught me off guard.

"sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" Johnny said with the sorriness in his voice.

"oh! hi Johnny!" I said while giggling a bit.

"oh and Sharlet I was told that we should have a date!" Johnny said.

"oh yeah Sandy told me that a date had to be special so I got worried," I said.

"awwww! don't worry just us together would be special!" he said hugging me closely.

I felt like I was getting emotional like I felt like I was crying happily but just without the tears. He kissed me on my forehead. I was so happy.

"hey Sharlet," Johnny said.

"yes, johnny?" I said.

"is your plug tail wagging?" he asked giggling a bit. "it's really cute!"

"hehe it is," I said. "I've never been this happy before."

"eeeeeee! yaaaay!" he said loudly.

He seemed to be thinking for a good minute. Then he gasps puts me down and zooms off. Soon he came back.

"ok! We're gonna have a date in a few days!" he said. "I know a cafe that sells oil!" 

"hehe ok that's gonna be fun," I said while smiling big.

"so what were you watching? Johnny said as he got close to the floor then I sat on the floor next to him.

"I'm pretty sure they're called cartoons?" I said questioning myself.

"mhm!" he said.

"yay! I'm learning stuff!" I said proud of myself.

We both start watching cartoons together while cuddling, and Johnny kisses my forehead or cheek now and then.