Chapter 7: Winter

Amelia lied, sleepless, on her bed. The dinner party was when Owen confessed his feelings to her last time. But this time, with Sophie and Oliver present, nothing really happened. But what Oliver said in the car......

Did Oliver like her? Was it possible? But he had been so cold to her last time that she didn't even think he genuinely liked her as a person. More importantly, was she ready to open herself up to another person again? If she was able to restart and avoid her last fate, would she find happiness again?

She slept that night dreaming of the same dream. The familiar betrayal, her blood running cold, tears streaming down her face every single time. When the truck came, she closed her eyes and let the force took her by surprise. She flew a little and heard someone scream her name. She tried so hard to keep herself awake, but her vision would always be blurry by the time she was hit. The blonde came again and she felt them lift her up in their arms, sobbing as they apologized over and over again until Amelia eventually drifted into a deep slumber.

_______

Oliver sighed as he finished typing his last report, eyeing the clock at the corner of his desk. It was nearly four in the morning. One of his co-workers arrived and set her bag down.

"Dr. Sun, I know we've been told to treat the hospital as your home, but I don't think they meant to sleepover," Dr. Alex Tan joked as she sat down in her chair.

"What about you, Dr. Tan? Won't your little flirty friend be sad you're working at 4 am?" Oliver replied, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes after he closed his laptop.

"For your information, my boyfriend is very understanding of my job. He had to leave early too for a new movie shooting anyways," Dr. Tan replied with a smile. She got over to the coffee station and made two cups of coffee, giving Oliver one. Oliver thanked her, quickly finishing the espresso in a few sips.

"Congratulation on your new relationship, Alex," Oliver said over his shoulder as he left the office. He had one more rounds of checkup, then he has half the day off before his next shift.

_____

Elijah thanked the director before leaving for the day. It had been a long day of shooting and discussions about his new movie and he was ready to hit the hay. He was turning the last corner when a couple kissing in a nearby alleyway caught his eye. He pretended not to see them but took note of the red heels that reminded him of someone and the all-too-familiar faded blonde hair. The girl made eye contact with him, and for a second, her look was so scary that Elijah doubted if he was seeing things. He scurried off, a bad feeling left in his stomach.

A few days later, Elijah was out with his regular disguise, which was black sunglasses and a beanie, to gain less attention from others when he passed by a coffee shop downtown. He passed by the window, seeing Owen trying to put his hand over Amelia's, the latter girl seemingly allowing it despite the fact that she appears uncomfortable. Elijah sighed as he walked past them to get his coffee and croissant. He tried to ignore the two until Owen got up and gave the girl a hug. He walked over and greeted the two before pulling Owen aside.

"Does she know?" Elijah asked in a low whisper. Owen raised an eyebrow.

"Does she know what?"

"I thought you were dating your manager? I saw you guys make out at the set for the movie," Elijah replied. Owen laughed and looked down a little, seemingly in thought.

"Owen, don't do this. You'll hurt both of them," Elijah added once he realized Owen wasn't going to reply to him.

"You know nothing, and you're way over your head if you think I'll listen to your advice," Owen replied, a hint of sarcasm and distaste in his tone.