Chapter 6

Soon after my shift ended and I started walking home . To be honest I had a love hate relationship with walking . It is the only time I could just be free and think free but it also physically hurt since I had so many injuries but whatever...

When I reached near my house there was many police cars and many officers there . I got scared and suddenly one officer started walking towards me . I don't know why but a shiver ran down my spine which fortunately went unnoticed by the officer since it was already nighttime and because of the noise . "Are you Stella Brown ?" He asked me and oH God I hate that name , it is the same name used by charles and Emma when they hurt me and that name never matched me I guess. "Yes" I answered.

"We are so sorry to inform you but your parents have died due to overdose." He said . I couldn't believe my ears . It's over . It's all over . I'm free . I never have to see them again . A tear escaped my eyes followed by many more but this was not the tears falling for those monsters. These are for me . These are happy tears .IM FREE

"Please don't cry "he said . Oh he must have thought that I was crying over those parents of mine . I didn't bother to correct him

"Do you know any relatives who would like to take you in ? "
I merely shook my head not wanting to give him the idea that I was literally having a party in my head .

"Well then , you will have to come with us to the station and we will do a DNA test to confirm if you have any family you might not know of , if not I'm afraid you'll be going to foster home." He said with pity .
Ok now I'm scared a bit . I have heard horrid things about kids who goes to foster home. What if it's going to be worse than Emma and Charles.

"Ok "I said and then I went inside and packed my clothes and stuff in my backpack . When I went inside he looked at me with a face saying is that all you have . Im really good at reading people and hiding my feelings. I had to , to survive with my parents.
Then he took me to the car and soon enough we were in the police station .

After sometime a lady looking very kind came in and I figured that she must be the social worker.

Then after Sometime they took a sample of my blood and said that they will be back soon .

I waited for a long time and I didn't know when I fell asleep.

I woke up with someone shaking me . It was the social worker. Hi I'm lily your social worker and I have REALLY GOOD NEWS " She squeled at the last part.

"We have found your real parents and they have agreed to take you in " she said . I was shocked will be an understatement. I was feeling excitement and fear at the same time . What if they are like Charles and Emma ? Why did they abandon me in the first place.? Charles and Emma were not my parents? What if they don't like me ? What if they get to know about the abuse and be disgusted at me ?why did I never got to know about them ?

I was lost in my thoughts and snapped out of it when Lily cleared her throat " don't be afraid dear , I'm sure they are going to be great "

"You also have 7 older brothers. "
"7!!!!" I shrieked
God I hope they like me

_______________________________

Sorry for the short chapter but I had my exams and I couldn't focus on both. But I'll try to upload the chapters on a regular schedule from now on