Chapter 5

Couple months down the line, Jennie was nearing the end of recording for her solo album. Having completed a recording session, her hands reached up towards the headphones, removing the device from her head. She walked out of the booth, taking an available seat across from one of the producers. 

The producer's head turned in Jennie's direction, observing her facial expression. Her face indicated to him that she was deep in thought 

"Everything okay?" he asked, his voice filled with worry 

Her eyes slightly widened, with her head quickly raising, turning to face his 

"Yeah." She breathed out 

"It's just that I'm a little worried if the fans will like my solo work." her eyes went from the producer to the studio floor 

The producer's eyebrows furrowed in disbelief, the last thing he expected to hear, were doubtful thoughts from Jennie, considering she's the kind of person that radiates a positive light 

"Jen, are you kidding?" "Of course, the fans will love your solo music, I mean everything you touch, turns into gold, so you have absolutely nothing to worry about" a small smile appeared on her lips due to the words of reassurance  

"Yeah, you're right" She said in agreement 

"It's just that things are quite different now. I mean, I don't have lisa, Rosé or Jisoo on the song.. it's just me, which makes me wonder, If blinks will enjoy my song and support it as much as one of my songs with the girls" 

The producer nodded their head, signaling he understood Jennie's point of view 

"I do see where you're coming from.. but like I said, Jen, you got this. Everything will go well." His body leaned forward, extending his arm out, placing a hand on Jennie's shoulder as a way to show her support. He withdrew his arm, leaning back into the chair 

Jennie stood up from her chair, turning her body around, her eyes searching the studio room to locate her belongings. She immediately walked over to her handbag that was resting on another chair, across the room

She, along with the producers, left the studio, returning to their respective homes. Once, she unlocked her door and closed it behind her. She saw her dog Kuma, sprinting on its legs towards her. 

The view of her dog, happily running towards her, warmed her heart. She immediately lowered her body, stooping to the floor with her arms wide open to catch him. Kuma jumped off the floor, landing into his owner's embrace. 

"Hi kuku" Jennie greeted, in a tone that imitated the sound of a baby's voice. Her hand reached up to pet the top of the pomeranian's head while his eyes closed in response to the loving gesture. 

Jennie placed Kuma on the floor before raising herself off the surface to head to her room. 

Once she reached her room, she changed into some comfortable clothes before walking over to her bed, laying in it with her phone in her hand, getting herself settled in.

Her eyes glanced up at the ceiling while she contemplated on whether or not she should give her fans hints for her solo endeavor. Finally coming to a decision, her thumb tapped against her phone's screen, typing in the passcode to unlock the device. 

Her finger tapped on the Instagram icon, opening the social media application. On the menu, she pressed the square symbol that contained a plus sign in order to open her photo gallery. She selected the pic she wanted to upload, halting for a few seconds, thinking of a suitable caption to use.

Soon enough, an idea she was fond of came to mind, her eyes slightly began to widen, followed by a smile forming on her lips at the thought. The caption she was currently typing made her smile transition into a mischievous one as she knew her fans would interpret it in many different ways and run with all sorts of narratives. 

Once Jennie finished typing the caption for the post, she pressed the word "share" uploading the photo, awaiting the drama to unfold. A small giggle left her lips, seeing that the post was finally uploaded on her Instagram feed. She was expecting to see blinks wreaking havoc in her comment section any minute now. 

jennierubyjane: 

Now I'm going solo 😌