Chapter 9

Jennie arrived at the café, a couple minutes before the time she and Taehyung agreed on meeting. She walked into the building, heading towards a table with two available chairs positioned at both sides of the object. Once she had taken her seat, she reached for her phone to send Taehyung a message, letting him know she reached the location. 

jennierubyjane: Hey, I'm at the café now. 

thv: Okay, I'm almost there. 

jennierubyjane: Okay 

Jennie exited the chat conversation, locking her phone in the process before placing it on the table. Short breaths left her mouth while she waited patiently for Taehyung to arrive due to the nervousness and excitement in her body. From time to time, her gaze shifted from the other surroundings in the café to the wide glass window positioned right next to her, looking out for any signs of her date. 

Her head turned away from the window after realizing Taehyung still hasn't arrived as yet, which led her to reach for her phone in attempts of searching for anything on the device to keep her occupied. While scrolling aimlessly through her phone, a notification appeared at the top of the screen, displaying a new message from Taehyung. 

thv: I'm there now

Jennie raised her head, her eyes moved from the cafe's entrance to the outside of the glass window. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as to why Taehyung is nowhere to be found despite saying he's now at the café, too. 

jennierubyjane: Where are you? 

In the moment of sending off that message, the café's door pushed open, revealing Taehyung walking through them. Jennie's eyes slightly widened at the sight of Taehyung heading towards the table she sat around. His appearance left her sitting captivated, however seeing that he was nearing her seat, she used all of her strength to snap herself back to reality hoping to not make it obvious she was admiring the male K-pop idol. 

"Hi" Taehyung greeted with a smile, pulling the chair out, walking in front, lowering his body to take a seat. 

"Hi" Jennie greeted back shyly, with a smile on her lips, quickly looking away from his eyes to the table. Her actions showed Taehyung she was feeling too shy to maintain eye contact. 

It was almost impossible not to find Jennie's mannerisms adorable. The way her eyes averts from his eyes then quickly moves away to another person or object along with the shy smile on her face left him in awe.

"So Jennie" Taehyung says, gaining her full attention. "What do you want to eat?" Jennie's eyes slightly squinted while she sat, thinking of the food she planned on ordering.

"Hmm.." she hummed, "I'll just have a latté and a turkey sandwich with some fries on the side" 

"Okay, be right back." Taehyung stood up from his seat, walking over to the cashier to place the order. When he was finished ordering the food for himself and his date, he returned to the table he shared with Jennie, sitting on the empty chair. 

"Alright, I just ordered the food," Taehyung states, earning an "Okay" along with a nod from Jennie. As a way of passing time while waiting for the food to arrive, he engaged in conversation with the girl sitting in front of him. 

"I really like your outfit," he says, his eyes scanning the clothing worn around Jennie's petite body. It was a white, long sleeved sweater with black stripes. 

Once again, shyness took over Jennie's body, a smile formed on her lips as she looked away from Taehyung to the table 

"Thank you," she says, overwhelmed with shyness. Once the feeling faded, she raised her head, her eyes meeting Taehyung's again. Each time Jennie became shy, his heart melted.