Chapter 15

Nerves combined with excitement coursed through Jennie's body, while she sat before a mirror, getting her makeup done by a makeup artist in preparation for her upcoming performance. The release of her solo debut single kick started the promotion schedule, she was now in the dressing room behind the scenes at Music Bank, one of the very places she earlier on requested to attend in order to promote her song.

The makeup artist maintained their gaze on the K-pop idol's face, attentively moving the brush against her skin, applying the product carefully. Momentarily, Jennie let out deep breaths, expressing feelings of uneasiness. Her makeup artist's keen attention dispersed, allowing her to take into account Jennie's body language. She paused for a brief moment, gathering thoughts of the right choice of words to use as encouragement.

The artist withdrew the brush from Jennie's face, "How are you feeling?" She asked, Jennie's eyes instantly found their way to the makeup artist's own eyes.

"Honestly.." Jennie paused before speaking again "I'm feeling pretty nervous but excited at the same time" she admitted, letting out an awkward laugh at the end as a way of hiding the sense of vulnerability taking over. Admitting to being nervous always placed her in an uncomfortable position considering she was the type that would try to hide her true feelings, unfortunately for Jennie, her expressive face and body language played the biggest role of exposing her.

The makeup artist slightly pursed her lips, taking in Jennie's words. "I'm sure you'll do great, like you always do," she says in the most encouraging tone possible, smiling softly at the idol. A smile also formed on Jennie's lips at her words of encouragement.

The artist brought the brush back to her face resuming the makeover session, while the soft bristles moved against Jennie's skin, her eyes traveled from various spaces within the room to the mirror watching the makeup artist through the reflection work skillfully on her appearance. Throughout the time period of staring at the mirror, Jennie's eyes went wide when the reflection showed her group members entering the room, instantly her entire body turned around in the chair, displaying the biggest smile on her face.

"Hiii" Rosé drags out the greeting in a high pitched happy tone, holding up an arm, waving at everyone in the room as she walked towards her fellow group member who was currently being styled for the upcoming gig, with Jisoo and Lisa following behind also smiling and waving at the staff members.

Nearing the chair Jennie sat on, the makeup artist stepped back, moving out of the way to give the remaining blackpink members room to interact with their group member. Rosé leaned down, extending her arms out, wrapping them around Jennie's shoulders. Jennie reached up, placing her arms around Rosé, returning the gesture. The two smiled as they shared an embrace. Soon enough Rosé pulled away, breaking the hug.

"You guys came," Jennie says, feeling a sense of warmth building in her heart seeing that her band members were there to support her on her very first solo performance.

Rosé reached down, placing a hand on Jennie's shoulder. "Jennie, of course we did. We wouldn't want to miss your big night. " Jisoo and Lisa nodded, expressing their agreement with Rosé's statement

"Yeah, Jen, besides, I'm sure you'd kill us if we didn't come," Jisoo joked, Rosé, Lisa, and Jennie simultaneously let out chuckles

"Well, no.." Jennie paused."I'd be mad, but I wouldn't kill you guys, " her words uttered in a soft tone

Rosé arched her eyebrows, placing the back sides of her hands at her hips. "Oh please, as if you expect us to believe that," just like before the groupmates joined in on laughter

"So how are you feeling, Jen? Knowing you're performing all by yourself tonight and all?" Lisa asks, her voice in a concerned tone conveying to the older girl she understood the significance of her situation.