VII.

*MATURE Content warning *

When he skips down the stairs to meet her, she is already in the kitchen.

He freezes in the doorway at the sight of her. She is wearing a creamy white long-sleeve sleep shirt, and matching colour cashmere shorts. He notices she is barefoot, and her face is free of makeup, her hair cascading down her back in soft waves.

For a minute he cannot move, just stare in awe.

"Hello trouble", she greets him with a kettle in hand. "I see you found your t-shirts" she smiles, as she places the kettle on the stove and switches it on.

He walks to the mug's cabinet, unaware of what he is doing, and absentmindedly grabs one of her favourite mugs and another one for himself. She stares at him surprised, moved by how at-home he looks in her kitchen, even after all those years.

"What is it?" he asks her when he catches her expression, worried he has done something wrong. "Nothing" she says, and right on cue the kettle starts whistling.

They sit on the big sofa of the lounge area, white and neutral colour sofas are now where there used to be light blue ones, he notices. She has redecorated the room, but it still looks comfortable and welcoming.

They sit at a reasonable distance, facing each other. His eyes inadvertently check out her legs as she wraps them on the sofa to sit on them.

"I guess congratulations are in order", she starts as she holds her mug in her hands, blowing air into the tea and staring at him at the same time. "So deserved, that is a hell of an album Harry", she adds.

He smiles proud and shy. He had thought often of how she would react to his music.

Every time he had released a song or an album he had wondered if she would like it, he had always wanted to impress her with his work. She is Taylor Swift after all, he thinks. But hearing her say the words is special, and he feels part of his deepest insecurities as an artist dissipate.

"So, you listen to my music?" he asks.

She smiles at him, and adds chuckling, "of course I do, you dork, why wouldn't I?"

Because I was a douchebag while I was with you, he thinks, and I do not deserve it. He shrugs instead.

"Do you listen to mine?" she asks then, seriously.

He looks at her and deadpans, "No". He jokes, but she freezes, a wounded look in her eyes, and He feels bad.

"Of course, I do Tay", he smiles, dimples and all.

"You are so mean," she whines then moving, so she can stretch a leg and kick him slightly with her foot.

"I mean, even if I didn't want to, there is no way to escape it, it is everywhere, I would have to go and live somewhere under a rock or burn my eardrums...."

"Oh, shut up", she moans, quieting his rant.

"I mean it in a good way" he continues, "I was starstruck when I met you, but now, you are at a whole different level. Iconic. I don't even have words", he concludes. He can see she is blushing.

"That is very kind", she adds, blowing on her tea and drinking from it while looking at him.

"About tonight. I..." , he pauses and takes his time, "thank you", he lets out, and he places a hand on his chest where his heart is, looking into her eyes.