Meeting

Nockfell, what a shitty fucking town, and I have to live in the even shittier Addison Apartments. Just my fucking luck.  I thought to myself as I walked down the hall toward my new apartment, room 404. I looked around, the hallway, pausing as I noticed room 403 had scratch marks on it. Creepy, wonder what happened there, I kept walking, unaware of the mascara that fell out of my bag.

I continue walking to my room, opening the door slowly as I take in my new surroundings. The wallpaper was a piss yellow color, with an ugly floral pattern printed onto it. The carpet was bright green, as were the curtains. Wow, what an ugly apartment. I hope we can paint the walls or at least get wallpaper.

As I walked farther inside I looked into the kitchen, the walls were a cloudy grey, and the floor was black and white tiles. Better than the front room, but I bet the bedrooms have that putrid color scheme, too.

I walked farther back into the apartment, opening a door to find the bathroom. It had sea green tiles on the wall and pale blue tiles on the ground. There was a bathtub with a clear liner on one end, and a toilet on the other. The sink was next to the door, with a simple mirror above. Let's just hope bugs don't consume me when turn on the faucet for a shower. I'll have Mom go first to test it out.

I walked out of the bathroom and opened the next two doors, bedrooms that were the same size. My mom had left to get some food, so I chose the further back room. It had more closet space anyway. The movers were coming tomorrow, but I had some boxes with my stuff. My mom had everything except a box of clothes and a sleeping bag, so I packed as much as I could into the car. Mom had moved all of our stuff into the apartment's main room while I slept in the car. 

~ Flashback to earlier that day ~

"Mom, you could've woken me up to move things in with you," I told the woman, who was standing in front if me with her keys.

"Honey, you looked tired. Besides it's fine. Now go upstairs. Our apartment is 404, choose which room you want and start unpacking your things. I'm going to go get some groceries, don't cause any chaos while I'm out." She handed me a key, as she got into the car and drove off.

~ Back to the present ~

I started with the boxes of my clothes, shoes, and other closet things. 

~ Timeskip to an hour later because I'm lazy and don't know what to do ~

I had just finished putting together a shoe rack at the bottom of the closet, with my shirts and hoodies hanging above. I had changed out of the sweatpants and hoodie I'd been wearing earlier, trading it for a pair of shorts and an oversized shirt. 

I stood up to continue putting together my dresser, which had confused me earlier when I heard a knock at the door. 

"Coming!" I yell, walking over to the door. It's not Mom, she has a key. It's not Mr. Allison or whoever the guy who owns this shitty building is. I wonder who.

I opened the door and saw a person with electric blue hair up in pigtails, a mask, and gorgeous blue eyes.

"Hi, I'm Sal Fisher," The person stated "My friends call me Sally Face, though. Lisa; the janitor and also Larry's mom said that someone new moved in here. I wanted to say hi! I hope I'm not being disruptive." 

"Hi, Sal, I'm Y/N. You're not being a bother, would you like to come in?" I asked, opening the door wider for the boy with breathtaking eyes.

"Sure!" He stepped inside and his eyes scrunched up as his mask lifted slightly. I could only assume that means he's smiling. I led him to my room and gestured for him to sit down on my freshly reconstructed bed. "Wow, Y/N. Your room looks a lot better than mine did. I'm still unpacking and I moved in 6 months ago."

"Thanks, Sally. I've been working on it for an hour." I smiled at his compliment, sitting next to him.

"I can tell, you're covered in sweat," He laughed for a moment, before speaking again. "I can help you make whatever that mess over there is, and I can call Larry to help too." He offered, gesturing to the wannabe dresser. 

"That would be greatly appreciated, Thank you, Sal." I stood up and walked over to the pile of wood and screws. Sal pulled a walkie-talkie out of his pocket and spoke to someone for a moment before sitting next to me.

"Larry'll be up in a minute, he's good at this type of thing." He reached over and grabbed a piece of wood and looked at it before grabbing the instructions.

"While you figure that out, I'm gonna hang my mirror on the back of the door." I stood up and grabbed my mirror, having already screwed the door hanger onto it, carefully placing it onto my door. 

I was about to ask Sal to help me sort my shoes from the box they were in when the front door of the apartment creaked open, and two voices were heard speaking, along with the footsteps and rustling of bags as they walked in with what sounded to be groceries.

~ 916 words ~

Hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing this!!