ELEVEN

THE NEXT MORNING CAME AND JOSIE SLOWLY OPENED her eyes and yawned, seeing Parker sleeping soundly in her arms. The brunette carefully got out of her bed and grabbed a pair of clothes, entering the bathroom to change. She noticed her tear-stained face and flashbacks from last night came crawling back to her.

Josie shook her head and quickly splashed cold water on her face, then she left the bathroom to wake up Parker.

"Parker, wake up, sweetie," Josie whispered, running her hand through Parker's hair.

"What time is it?" Parker asked as she sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Sometime in the morning," Josie replied. "Come on, let's go eat."

They left their room and entered the food court, Parker went to sit next to Carl as Josie took the seat next to Glenn. Rick walked into the food court, sitting in the chair next to Josie's.

"Are you hungover?" Carl asked his father. "Mom said you'd be."

"Mom is right," Rick replied as Josie smiled and handed him the bottle of aspirin.

"Mom has that annoying habit," Lori chuckled.

"Eggs!" T-Dog exclaimed. "Powdered, but I do 'em good, I bet you can't tell," he loaded the eggs onto Glenn's plate. "Protein helps the hangover."

"Where'd all this come from?" Rick asked as he held up the bottle of medicine.

"Jenner," Lori replied. "He thought we could use it. Some of us, at least," she gestured to Glenn.

Glenn groaned. "Don't ever, ever, ever let me drink again."

Josie smiled, but it soon faded when she saw Shane walking into the food court. She took a deep breath as she took a sip of her orange juice.

"Hey, feel as bad as I do?" Rick asked.

"Worse," Shane replied as he poured himself some coffee.

"The hell happened to you?" T-Dog asked him. "Your neck."

"Must've done it in my sleep," Shane replied as Josie looked down at her plate.

"Never seen you do that before," Rick said.

"Me neither," Shane replied as he sat down and looked at Josie. "Not like me at all."

Josie clenched her jaw, looking up and meeting his gaze. She raised her eyebrows, almost as if she was challenging him to say anything.

"Morning," Jenner greeted.

Everyone murmured back as they all continued to eat.

"Doc, I don't mean to slam you with questions first thing," Dale said.

"But you will anyway," Jenner replied.

"We didn't come her for the eggs," Andrea said.

"Very well," Jenner nodded and left the food court.

Everyone followed after him, Parker walked with her mother as she fell into step with Glenn and T-Dog. They entered the zone five and stood there, waiting for Jenner to start explaining.

"Give me playback of TS-19," Jenner said, tapping on his computer.

"Playback of TS-19," then the screen in front of them illuminated.

"Few people ever got a chance to see this," Jenner said as a brain appeared on screen. "Very few."

"Is that a brain?" Carl asked.