9. Ghostface Killers

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Dami stood on the bathroom floor, scrubbing away the dry blood with a heavy sigh. 

"Why is it me left to clean up after their mess?" she muttered, her stomach churning from the nauseating smell. 

Remaining on her knees, Dami moved back slightly and felt an unexpected touch against her body. 

It dawned on her that it was the bag containing the body parts of a corpse she had extracted from the bathtub. 

"This is fucking gross," she murmured under her breath, trying to steady her nerves.

At that moment, her phone began to ring, causing Dami to flinch involuntarily. Letting out a sigh, she removed one of her gloves and retrieved the phone from her pocket.

Furrowing her brows at the caller ID, Dami responded immediately as she answered the phone, "Hello?"

"I need you here right now," the urgent voice on the other end demanded.

"I can't, sir," Dami responded in a hushed tone, casting a quick glance towards the door to ensure no one was eavesdropping.

"Kim Dami! This is urgent," her superior's voice crackled urgently through the phone. "You can't proceed with the plan. The 707th SMB wants you to withdraw from their location. It's too risky, and they can't guarantee your safety anymore."

Dami's hand, poised above the floor she had been cleaning, remained suspended mid-punch, her attention fully captured by her superior's warning.

"Sir, it's too late. Once I'm in, I can't just walk away," she whispered urgently into the phone.

"Dami, the situation has become more complicated. The Ghostface Killers are currently engaged in deals with your former cartel. If the leader of the Juárez cartel finds you there, your chances of survival are slim. You're aware of how dangerous he is. How dangerous they all are!" her superior replied urgently.

"What?" Dami furrowed her brows in confusion. "How is that possible? I haven't heard anything about dealing with them again," she replied in a hushed tone.

"You need to get out of there quickly before they have the chance to depart for Mexico. If they take you with them, there's no hope of getting out alive," he urged, but Dami could only sigh heavily.

"Sir, I'm still in the process of becoming part of their group. I doubt they'll take me with them to Mexico," she replied.

"Dami, listen to me. Get here as fast as you can. El Rey is still searching for you. You know he was ready to kill you over the smallest mistake during a transaction. And the moment he'll find you after what you did..." her superior sighed heavily.